What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

Unwelcomed Shadows

• Thread starter JAR
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 0
  • Views: Views 375

JAR

Off Topix Novice

This was originally posted on my forum: Ghost Post, but thought I would share here.

Alright, this is going to sound likes something you would read in a Steven King or R.L. Stine book; but this actually happened to me. Everything you are about to read happened to me on the night of August 12th, 2011. My parents where out of town and they asked me to watch our dog, Tanner during that time. Tanner was a little Pomeranian who was a spoiled dog that always wanted attention, therefore; was always by your side. You could call it loyal, the way he was always at your feet; but I know he was just waiting for you to drop something to eat, or waiting for that belly-rub he so think he deserves. Anyways, I normally just go over there about 3 times a day to let him out so he can go to the bathroom. So, a few days go by and everything was becoming like it was when I used to live with my parents. One the third night, which happened to be a Friday; I figured I might as well spend the night. My parents told me I could, just as long as I clean up after myself and remember to set the alarm every night. So, with the alarm set and a refrigerator full of food, I spent the night. Even with the refrigerator full of food, nothing seemed to peak my interest, so I ordered a pizza. They told me the deliver would take about 2 hours, which was understandable being a Friday night; so I anxiously awaited until it arrived. At exactly 9:25, exactly 2 hours after I ordered the dang thing; it arrived! Well, now that I had my food ready, I flipped on some TV and chowed down. Now, my parent's door is an old-barn door that requires you to dead-bolt it, otherwise the slightest wind will cause it to push open. It has become second nature to dead-bolt that thing, so I know I did when I closed it behind the pizza dude. However, as I'm flipping through the channels, I here the door unlatch and swing open. Tanner, jumped off the couch and started barking, which was rare; because he doesn't bark at anything. So, I honestly thought it was someone breaking in. Being one of those stupid people like in the movies, I was like, "Hello..." expecting a freaking reply. I get up and walk towards the door, look outside, and then closed the door; this time making sure I locked it. Puzzled, I walked back to the couch and continued eating.

Alright, just to give a general layout of my parents house. It is a two-story house with a finished basement (somewhat). The house was built in 2003, however; the neighborhood has been here for centuries. Anyways, after that little fluke, I decided to watch a movie. And what perfect movie to watch, than Paranormal Activity... ha, just kidding; I think I watched SharkTale. That Will Smith animated funny movie. Well, as that movie was playing I figured I would probably pass out, so I went over to the garage door, where the security system was and tried to set the alarm. But on the panel it said, "Fault --- Basement Door". When I saw this, my heart stopped as I knew that when it read "FAULT", it meant the sensors weren't lining up, therefore; the door has to be opened. I literally stood there for a good minute to try and think why that door would be open. Being optimistic, I figured my parents must have just let Tanner out down from the basement, and then let him in from upstairs; while leaving the basement door wide open... yeah. Seems logical. Jeez, so I called Tanner over to me, because I am not going down in this basement alone, as I have had my share of experiences in this basement. Luckily Tanner comes running over not because he is loyal, but because I said the word 'Treat'... sucker! Anyways, he comes running to my side and I slowly walk down the stairs. I get to the end of the stairs and there is a door to my left that I swear to you never stays closed. I will close this door and be the only one home, and when I return, this door will be open... however, tonight; it actually was closed. Shocked, I turned the corner and saw that the Basement door was in fact closed. I turned the lights on and walked over to it to see why the sensor was messed up. While tinkering with it for a few seconds I walked back upstairs to try and set the alarm again. This time the alarm read "DISARMED --- READY TO ARM" Okay... dumbfounded, I set the alarm. It chimed and read, "ARMED --- STAY". I walked over to the couch and resumed to watch SharkTale.

After dosing off for a good three hours, I woke up to go to the bathroom. Figuring since I am the only one home, I didn't need to shut to door while I go to the bathroom, I left it open. So, as I am standing there, letting it flow; out the corner of my eye I swear I saw someone walk past the door. It scared me so much that I actually pissed on the wall (sorry mom and dad :p). I didn't know who or what could cause that, but I definitely saw I shadow or something walk past the bathroom toward the front door. I slowly exited the bathroom and saw Tanner just staring at me like, "what the hell are you looking at?" Well, I went back to the couch and tried to go back to sleep... with the lights on.

With the door opening, the basement door misreading, and the peeping shadow; I decided not to spend the night the next two nights.

I will post more stories/experiences later.

Holy crap, nearly 1,000 words!!!

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom