What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

weather and emotions

Randy

Aw, awww!
Thread Creator

Do you feel different because of weather? How do different types of weather affect your emotions?

NotSoMuch emotions as physical comfort.

I feel happier when it's stormy, which is backwards from most people, lol.

Do you feel different because of weather?
Yeah; when its' stormy I tend to turtle up and wish it (the stormy weather) would just go away.....

Heat makes me cranky. I prefer cold weather. It actually snowed today and I was stoked to go out in it!

Heat makes me cranky. I prefer cold weather. It actually snowed today and I was stoked to go out in it!

Heat makes me cranky, and since I live in California, I am often cranky in the summer. But I usually internalize it and not lash out at other people.

Heat makes me cranky, and since I live in California, I am often cranky in the summer. But I usually internalize it and not lash out at other people.
I'm from California, so I know how it is. Was just down there in October and it was still hot AF (80s, low 90s). It's not unbearable, but it was pretty humid, which made it worse. I don't miss that.

Oh nice....and welcome back to the board, Dee. :hug:

I'm from California, so I know how it is. Was just down there in October and it was still hot AF (80s, low 90s). It's not unbearable, but it was pretty humid, which made it worse. I don't miss that.

I remember that! You were from down south by L.A. right? Where you staying nowadays?

I remember that! You were from down south by L.A. right? Where you staying nowadays?
Born in the central valley and grew up in O.C. I've been in Oregon since the late 90s.

Born in the central valley and grew up in O.C. I've been in Oregon since the late 90s.

Oh yeah I remember now. I went to Portalnd, OR a couple years ago (before the pandemic), I had a blast! :clap:

Oh yeah I remember now. I went to Portalnd, OR a couple years ago (before the pandemic), I had a blast! :clap:
It's kind of garbage now. Not necessarily the dumpster fire you see on TV. That was blown out of proportion. It's more that the pandemic made a bunch of the smaller mom and pop shops close up, so it's kind of a ghost town.

It's kind of garbage now. Not necessarily the dumpster fire you see on TV. That was blown out of proportion. It's more that the pandemic made a bunch of the smaller mom and pop shops close up, so it's kind of a ghost town.
How sad, I heard about all that. It was great when I went, not sure I'd want to visit nowadays though.

That's really unfortunate, it's those places that really make a city feel alive/exciting!

Indeed, nobody wants to see the same corporate chain stores in every single city.
Agreed! It makes me angry seeing every new shopping centre pop up with all of the same things over and over again. Small places with unique ideas and products are so, so much more interesting!

Agreed! It makes me angry seeing every new shopping centre pop up with all of the same things over and over again. Small places with unique ideas and products are so, so much more interesting!

I could drive 200 miles in any direction and feel like I am exactly at the same place because they all have the same stuff. Well I suppose if I went 200 miles west I'd be in the middle of the ocean, but yeah all the other directions. :p

I could drive 200 miles in any direction and feel like I am exactly at the same place because they all have the same stuff. Well I suppose if I went 200 miles west I'd be in the middle of the ocean, but yeah all the other directions. :p
Very true! It's all the same, everywhere. Any little strip mall you pass -- nail salon, 1 of 4 pizza places, 1 of 5 fast food restaurants, a dollar tree, an ace hardware, maybe a jewelers, and maybe some sort of study/school help program. Every one of them.

It's the smallest big city on the west coast compared to Seattle (Portland is only about 1 mil less people)/SF/LA. There's stuff to do, but the pandemic really screwed things up and will for the next few years until we can find different ways to bring tourism back to the city.

It's the smallest big city on the west coast compared to Seattle (Portland is only about 1 mil less people)/SF/LA. There's stuff to do, but the pandemic really screwed things up and will for the next few years until we can find different ways to bring tourism back to the city.

Portland was doing good as a tourist destination compared to other large west coast cities. For example nobody cares about visiting San Diego and San Jose and both of those cities are the 2nd and 3rd largest cities on the entire West Coast.

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom