What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

Worst birthday you ever had?

MrDawn

Cosmic Wizard

What's the worst birthday you've ever had? What was your all time worst year?

Pretty much all of them. Probably my 27th was worst. Got sick, got stuck late at work, wanted to crawl into bed and ignore the world, had my truck's engine explode on the drive home, then didn't get to go home because my sister stopped by to wait for the tow truck I while I got forced to take my mother to do the monthly grocery shopping, which was a 3 hour process. Oh, and what was my 1 present for my bday that year? Suspension for my truck that had just had catastrophic engine failure. Yay. It needed the suspension, but...not anymore. Felt like the most frustrating day.

My 24th birthday was terrible. I came down with some kind of stomach bug.....HARD. I had it coming out of both ends for over a week straight and couldn't even go into work. I couldn't even get out of bed. I was extremely ill. It was horrible. My ex wife begged me to go to the hospital but I kept saying no and that I would if I didn't improve after a few more days. I hope I never get it that bad ever again.

I usually request my birthday off work and one year (at an old job) my boss was being a dick and got my vacation request denied. So I go to work that day and he spends the whole day (on my birthday) how stupid it is to request my birthday off simply because its my birthday. Since he was being such a jerk I hardly did any work that day and he was riding me over that as well. He showed me his true colors and I didn't want to work for him much longer after that.

Pretty much all of them. Probably my 27th was worst. Got sick, got stuck late at work, wanted to crawl into bed and ignore the world, had my truck's engine explode on the drive home, then didn't get to go home because my sister stopped by to wait for the tow truck I while I got forced to take my mother to do the monthly grocery shopping, which was a 3 hour process. Oh, and what was my 1 present for my bday that year? Suspension for my truck that had just had catastrophic engine failure. Yay. It needed the suspension, but...not anymore. Felt like the most frustrating day.

My 24th birthday was terrible. I came down with some kind of stomach bug.....HARD. I had it coming out of both ends for over a week straight and couldn't even go into work. I couldn't even get out of bed. I was extremely ill. It was horrible. My ex wife begged me to go to the hospital but I kept saying no and that I would if I didn't improve after a few more days. I hope I never get it that bad ever again.

Aww, that sounds horrible. Makes my story sound lame.

I usually request my birthday off work and one year (at an old job) my boss was being a dick and got my vacation request denied. So I go to work that day and he spends the whole day (on my birthday) how stupid it is to request my birthday off simply because its my birthday. Since he was being such a jerk I hardly did any work that day and he was riding me over that as well. He showed me his true colors and I didn't want to work for him much longer after that.

Aww, that sounds horrible. Makes my story sound lame.
Glad you got away from him, what an asshole!

Glad you got away from him, what an asshole!

Indeed, when I left he told me he wouldn’t give me a letter of recommendation either. I wasn’t even going to ask him for one (and I told him that).

Indeed, when I left he told me he wouldn’t give me a letter of recommendation either. I wasn’t even going to ask him for one (and I told him that).
Definitely not someone you'd want a letter of recommendation from, probably do you more harm than good even if it was a glowing review, lol

Definitely not someone you'd want a letter of recommendation from, probably do you more harm than good even if it was a glowing review, lol

Indeed, he was a low level supervisor anyway. I got some good letters from the people above him.

Indeed, he was a low level supervisor anyway. I got some good letters from the people above him.

Good! Hopefully he was found out for the asshole he was and terminated. People like that don't need to be in managerial positions.

Good! Hopefully he was found out for the asshole he was and terminated. People like that don't need to be in managerial positions.

Last I heard he’s still there, which doesn't matter to me because I am not there. Lol

I do feel for whoever replaces me though.

Last I heard he’s still there, which doesn't matter to me because I am not there. Lol

I do feel for whoever replaces me though.
Yeah, that poor person having to deal with that kind of a jerk. Eek. At least you're in a good spot now!

Good job, good hiking buddy, good life :)

Indeed. Yeah my new co-worker is super cool. She lives a few towns over (she has about a 30 or 40 minute drive to work) so I've been showing her all the cool places to eat around here during our lunch breaks. We've been taking turns buying each other lunch but I usually insist on paying. :D `

Indeed. Yeah my new co-worker is super cool. She lives a few towns over (she has about a 30 or 40 minute drive to work) so I've been showing her all the cool places to eat around here during our lunch breaks. We've been taking turns buying each other lunch but I usually insist on paying. :D `
So awesome! Glad you two are so close and she has someone she can be friends with, hopefully open up to and feel comfortable with. I remember what you said she'd been through, so to have you there for her, even as her "boss," it's awesome. We need more people just like you, Nebby.

my friend at the time, kim, decided she was going to treat me to a mcdonalds.

well, I was round at her house not feeling too great, but I didn't really say anything because I didn't want to spoil the day

well she drove us to mcdonalds, and while kim went inside to get the food, me and the kids waited in the car

it was then I couldn't keep myself from being sick, I leaned over on the back seat, and threw up on the first thing I happened to see- the baby blanket

no mcdonalds for me and I had to go home

The last 2 birthdays have been awful. 2 years ago we found out my wife miscarried our first child. This year my grandmother passed away. I'll be 30 this year so I guess it will be 3 bad birthdays in a row now.

The last 2 birthdays have been awful. 2 years ago we found out my wife miscarried our first child. This year my grandmother passed away.
Oh no, I'm so sorry for your losses!
I'll be 30 this year so I guess it will be 3 bad birthdays in a row now.
30's not so bad, hopefully you have a good birthday :)

my friend at the time, kim, decided she was going to treat me to a mcdonalds.

well, I was round at her house not feeling too great, but I didn't really say anything because I didn't want to spoil the day

well she drove us to mcdonalds, and while kim went inside to get the food, me and the kids waited in the car

it was then I couldn't keep myself from being sick, I leaned over on the back seat, and threw up on the first thing I happened to see- the baby blanket

no mcdonalds for me and I had to go home
McDonalds for your birthday? Kim can do better than that! Sorry to hear you got sick though.
The last 2 birthdays have been awful. 2 years ago we found out my wife miscarried our first child. This year my grandmother passed away. I'll be 30 this year so I guess it will be 3 bad birthdays in a row now.
Sorry to hear about the miscarriage, unfortunately those happen frequently. They are more common than you'd think.
Also sorry to hear about your grandmother. RIP

Happy 30th birthday! :dance:

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom