What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

How many times have you had Covid?

Holiday pay? You get paid for untaken holiday every year? Here in the UK, we only get paid for untaken holiday if we resign or are dismissed from the job in the middle of the year.

Also don’t you get sick pay for when you are unwell?
We get paid on our days off if it's a Holiday. Most companies here in the US don't offer sick pay, we get paid if we take a leave of absence but that's only if we're seriously hurt or ill and will be out of work for a while.

That's a minor horror story! I see that PEG was also used in the Pfizer vaccine, so there was not much of a choice either way. :cautious:
My adult son had a bad reaction to his second Pfizer shot; but the problem was pretty quickly solved in that case as two young, healthy adult males in Japan died from reaction to this batch of vaccine........a batch sent to Japan from -- France, maybe. Some kind of foreign metallic substance was discovered.
But in your case, you had to be a virtual private investigator to figure it out.

Good to hear that you're still ticking! 💗

I didn't know about the foreign metallic substances :( So much damage just to try to save lives. If only the vaccine actually prevented the disease or came close.

Is it just me, or are the ones getting the boosters also the ones getting covid multiple times?

Is it just me, or are the ones getting the boosters also the ones getting covid multiple times?
Oh gads! I don't know.
So many various tales going around still I've stopped paying any attention to the latest; it's all become so politicized. Of the people I know or personally know of, no one who has gotten a booster has come down with Covid.
Although one ironic 'happening' here: One particular older gentleman who blatantly scoffed & ignored the whole vax/mask/sanitizing, etc. program came down with Covid just this year. A very light case, and he didn't get very sick at all; but all-in-all humorous in a twisted sort of way.

Oh gads! I don't know.
So many various tales going around still I've stopped paying any attention to the latest; it's all become so politicized. Of the people I know or personally know of, no one who has gotten a booster has come down with Covid.
Although one ironic 'happening' here: One particular older gentleman who blatantly scoffed & ignored the whole vax/mask/sanitizing, etc. program came down with Covid just this year. A very light case, and he didn't get very sick at all; but all-in-all humorous in a twisted sort of way.

I think at some point we'll all get it, but I personally have seen more of my vaxxd friends get it and more often as well. And they complain each time, "But I've been vaccinated!!" I would hope at this point that scientists would work harder to actually make a vaccine to prevent it from happening, but it seems as if that isn't going to happen.

Not yet i still wear a mask when i go out ..

I think at some point we'll all get it, but I personally have seen more of my vaxxd friends get it and more often as well. And they complain each time, "But I've been vaccinated!!" I would hope at this point that scientists would work harder to actually make a vaccine to prevent it from happening, but it seems as if that isn't going to happen.
Yeah, so much controversy around this particular vaccine; and rightfully so in my opinion mainly because it was so rushed/also...so 'pushed'.
Funny/not so funny about the shingles vaccine; we had a friend who came down with shingles & truly suffered with it for a good three weeks, maybe a month. Total happenstance (I think) about who gets it naturally & who does not; of course the only 'requirement' is if you have ever had chicken pox.
So anyhow, my husband and I took to heart her pain & suffering & ran right out & got vaccinated for shingles. A week or two later HE came down with a real doozy of a case of shingles. That was the first attempt at marketing a shingles vaccine......in hindsight, a quite flawed vaccine; my suspicion is that it actually triggered an onset of shingles in some people. They came out with a supposedly better one a bit later. I'm not sure if he got that one or not; but not me, my thought on that was to just leave well enough alone. :LOL:
I guess we really can't expect any/every attempt at vaccines to be perfect. :dontknow:

I have yet to get Covid. Being anti-social has finally paid off. :D

Yeah, so much controversy around this particular vaccine; and rightfully so in my opinion mainly because it was so rushed/also...so 'pushed'.
Funny/not so funny about the shingles vaccine; we had a friend who came down with shingles & truly suffered with it for a good three weeks, maybe a month. Total happenstance (I think) about who gets it naturally & who does not; of course the only 'requirement' is if you have ever had chicken pox.
So anyhow, my husband and I took to heart her pain & suffering & ran right out & got vaccinated for shingles. A week or two later HE came down with a real doozy of a case of shingles. That was the first attempt at marketing a shingles vaccine......in hindsight, a quite flawed vaccine; my suspicion is that it actually triggered an onset of shingles in some people. They came out with a supposedly better one a bit later. I'm not sure if he got that one or not; but not me, my thought on that was to just leave well enough alone. :LOL:
I guess we really can't expect any/every attempt at vaccines to be perfect. :dontknow:
You know ppl often get flu symptoms soon after the flu vaccine? That's not the flu itself as much as ppl believe the flu vaccine causes the flu; the symptoms are just side effects of the vaccine.
It's important not to mistake side effects of the vaccine with the actual disease!
Of course that's not to say that in the case you mention, the vaccine could possibly give you a weakened version of the disease to train your immune system! That's how vaccines not uisng mRNA tech (which covid vaccines use) work AFAIK.

Thanks for the warning on the shingles vax because that is on my list of a vaccine I wanted to take. It's just that the covid vax has ruined my life with the PEG allergy now and it's hard to find out which vaccines and meds contain it as an inactive ingredient. My primary doctor even warned me last year to not get the flu shot because she couldn't guarantee that it didn't contain PEG and my reaction is so severe.

Thanks for the warning on the shingles vax because that is on my list of a vaccine I wanted to take. It's just that the covid vax has ruined my life with the PEG allergy now and it's hard to find out which vaccines and meds contain it as an inactive ingredient. My primary doctor even warned me last year to not get the flu shot because she couldn't guarantee that it didn't contain PEG and my reaction is so severe.
I hope that your doctor can find out for sure if the available shingles vaccine does or does not contain PEG!!

SHINGRIX

Sickness absences at airports. COVID is obviously spiking up again.

This obviously isn’t great after the technical glitch messing up air traffic control, worse that was during the summer holidays too .

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom