Where are you from?

Early morning here and not much you can do at this hour :morning:so i end up looking to some threads...
it is nice to see where everyone from ..:)and to add about me (already
most know where I am from) From Australia, but originally from somewhere in Europe.

I'm Canadian. I grew up in a small town in Manitoba, Currently living in Saskatoon, SK. :happy:

I'm Canadian. I grew up in a small town in Manitoba, Currently living in Saskatoon, SK. :happy:
Waves from Ontario.

I probably posted here before but just in case, I grew up and still live in Southern Ontario, Canada. Three different cities but all within an hour's drive of each other. Currently reside in London, Ontario.

Early morning here and not much you can do at this hour :morning:so i end up looking to some threads...
it is nice to see where everyone from ..:)and to add about me (already
most know where I am from) From Australia, but originally from somewhere in Europe.

im from queensland australia :D

What’s life like in Australia and Canada?

Can't speak for Australia, but Canada is a big place. @freakofnature is in Saskatchewan which is a very different place, geographically, climatically, even culturally, than Southern Ontario where I am. Ontario is more like New York or New England in American terms, Saskatchewan would be more like the Dakotas or other Great Plains states.

In my neck of the woods, we are mostly an outdoor people from roughly May to August, shifting more and more indoors after that until, save for skiers and similar winter enthusiasts, we are mostly an indoor people from November or December through to March. But culturally, regardless of how much we boast, we are largely similar to the Northeastern US. Public healthcare and more robust support programs for some disadvantaged segments of society are probably the main difference between us and the States.

Can't speak for Australia, but Canada is a big place. @freakofnature is in Saskatchewan which is a very different place, geographically, climatically, even culturally, than Southern Ontario where I am. Ontario is more like New York or New England in American terms, Saskatchewan would be more like the Dakotas or other Great Plains states.

In my neck of the woods, we are mostly an outdoor people from roughly May to August, shifting more and more indoors after that until, save for skiers and similar winter enthusiasts, we are mostly an indoor people from November or December through to March. But culturally, regardless of how much we boast, we are largely similar to the Northeastern US. Public healthcare and more robust support programs for some disadvantaged segments of society are probably the main difference between us and the States.
?????? im confused? is he talking to u? cause i dont live in canada :/ i live in australia and its cold at the moment where iam and we are in spring

?????? im confused? is he talking to u? cause i dont live in canada :/ i live in australia and its cold at the moment where iam and we are in spring
He quoted three people, including my fellow Canadian @freakofnature. Cold here, too, but for the opposite reason: It's Fall. I so want to visit Down Under but my wife isn't crazy on the idea for some reason.

He quoted three people, including my fellow Canadian @freakofnature. Cold here, too, but for the opposite reason: It's Fall. I so want to visit Down Under but my wife isn't crazy on the idea for some reason.
oh all good i didnt see sorry, i have autism so i gotta watchout what i say :D

• Care
Reactions: PGen98
Reactions: passenger
Waves from Ontario.

I probably posted here before but just in case, I grew up and still live in Southern Ontario, Canada. Three different cities but all within an hour's drive of each other. Currently reside in London, Ontario.
Z5IkNPN.gif

Like Mendalla said, Canada is a big country with vast differences between the regions. Life here is good. Winters suck ass but I grew up with it so I know how to deal with it. If my job wasn't here and I could afford it, I'd like to move to the west coast. But I'm not sure what's worse, dealing with -40C or being wet all the time.
Gs6N07H.gif

Like Mendalla said, Canada is a big country with vast differences between the regions. Life here is good. Winters suck ass but I grew up with it so I know how to deal with it. If my job wasn't here and I could afford it, I'd like to move to the west coast. But I'm not sure what's worse, dealing with -40C or being wet all the time.
Gs6N07H.gif

Sounds nice ^^
California is expensive and lame.

The dirty south! aka Alabama 😭

Your part of the country is so green and beautiful. Nice people too.

• Care
Reactions: charming primrose
I come from Austria, NOT AUSTRALIA! We don't have kangaroos. We have, Stefansdom, Wiener Schnitzel, Falco, Mozart, Niki Lauda, :)

I currently live in Michigan, and I have for close to nineteen years now (since I was eleven). I was born in Missouri, though, since my parents were living there when they decided to have kids. I also lived in Illinois for a year.

I currently live in Michigan, and I have for close to nineteen years now (since I was eleven). I was born in Missouri, though, since my parents were living there when they decided to have kids. I also lived in Illinois for a year.

Hi there, sorry for the late reply. Thats awesome! Hope life is good over there. :)

I'm from a state sometimes nicknamed "America's Armpit" and by golly do I think it makes sense to be called that.
But yeah... Hi from New Jersey (northern, if we're getting specific) :D

Reactions: Nebulous
Baltimore, Maryland

I’m from the east coast. I was born and raised in brockton, massachusetts, but now I live in Texas. I’ve been residing in texas for the past 17-18 years now.

I'm from a state sometimes nicknamed "America's Armpit" and by golly do I think it makes sense to be called that.
But yeah... Hi from New Jersey (northern, if we're getting specific) :D

Baltimore, Maryland

I'm from Kalispell, Montana but am currently living in Canada.

I’m from the east coast. I was born and raised in brockton, massachusetts, but now I live in Texas. I’ve been residing in texas for the past 17-18 years now.

Such a diverse group we have here! :gh:

Reactions: Cpvr and passenger

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.