What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

Where are you from?

Eat some of the fried platters? Catfish and shrimp? They love catfish down here. I can't stand the taste.

Tried crawfish in New Orleans. Had a mishap pulling one apart and one exploded all over me. Had to buy a shirt from a souvenir shop because I wasn't near the hotel and wasn't going back that way for a few hours.

Tried crawfish in New Orleans. Had a mishap pulling one apart and one exploded all over me. Had to buy a shirt from a souvenir shop because I wasn't near the hotel and wasn't going back that way for a few hours.
Ouch. I don't much like crawfish. I don't know, I've been here since 2013, I haven't taken to the food. It's everywhere. Were you on Bourbon Street by any chance?

Ouch. I don't much like crawfish. I don't know, I've been here since 2013, I haven't taken to the food. It's everywhere. Were you on Bourbon Street by any chance?

I was in the French Quarter at the Three Legged Dog Tavern.

The crawfish was just okay.. A little too fishy tasting for me. I did like the corn, sausage and potatoes they mixed in there with them though.

I was in the French Quarter at the Three Legged Dog Tavern.

The crawfish was just okay.. A little too fishy tasting for me. I did like the corn, sausage and potatoes they mixed in there with them though.
Ah. I haven't been to that place.
I agree with you completely. Crawfish is an acquired taste along with some other foods.

The mold in my apartment that was silently killing us both. It was a parting gift from the 2010 Earthquake that hit Northern VA and much of the Delmarva Peninsula. It shook my building in South Brooklyn (spitting distance from Coney Island) so hard that it literally undid the decades of shitty repairs they had done over the years. I was watching the news about the earthquake when my building shook. My husband was working in Manhattan and he and his crew were in the middle of the building in their office when they evacuated everyone in the building except them. Their building shook but they didnt know what happened until after I called him and told him about it.

My husband ended up in the hospital for more than a week twice in 2019 and 2021 when he went to the Dr. for a regular checkup she told him to go directly to the emergency room and he ended up staying for nearly 2 weeks each time.

The last time he was in the hospital, that was when I started noticing that I was getting sick. I thought it was a new strain of Covid, but then I remembered that my husband and I had been so isolated that we were nearly reclusive and we were very careful when travelling and then I remembered that my symptoms went away whenever we travelled and they came back whenever we returned.. it was then that I realized that I was allergic to mold. I went to the Dr. and it was confirmed that I had severe mold toxicity.

My old apartment was in a neighborhood that used to be a swamp with a fishing pond and so it was, and still is a losing battle where water damage was concerned because my late great-grandmother had been dealing with it for the years she had lived there (1942-2004) until she died. Even my mom had remembered from when she was a kid.

Anyway when we figured out what was going on, we hopped on Zillow and a few months later we bought our house. I told my family, and unbeknownst to us, my family was worried about us, so my brother and parents were already looking at houses for us upstate and between them and the fact that my husband is very tall, we were able to quickly narrow down the kind of house we wanted. My husband and I are doing much better healthwise, although I still have some brain fog and have forgotten how to use Photoshop.. and make skins for my forum but I am working to relearn it..

That said though, I am really glad that we weren't living there when we had to deal with the Canadian wildfires.. that and a tornado are literally the only natural disasters that hadn't happened to us while there. Covid was bad enough..

Last edited:
Originally, from Brooklyn, now, I'm about 300 miles north of there.. and still unpacking..
Looks like you have a VERY long history here!

(I'm still a rookie.)

I'm from England. Currently living in London but maybe not for much longer.

I'm from England. Currently living in London but maybe not for much longer.
I thought I remembered you; aren't you over at Sunny Daze?

Ambitious is the best one, the other qualities can be annoying.

I'm from the midwest area of the united states! & planning a move to the west coast next summer.

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom