Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

Where are you from?

I used to rent a room from a lady (my friend's mom) who moved to California from Liverpool. She had a strong accent but my friend didn't even though he was born there and lived there until he was 6 or 7 I think. I think it was because he had an American father and would try to talk like him his whole life.
Yeah, that happens quite a lot. My mother (scottish) and father (english) still have thick accents, but mine is a real nothing accent now, mostly because I tried desperately to lose it after becoming a bit of performing monkey for kids when I first moved to the US (say this, you sound funny!!). Makes it hard to keep an accent when you feel targeted, lol

Yeah, that happens quite a lot. My mother (scottish) and father (english) still have thick accents, but mine is a real nothing accent now, mostly because I tried desperately to lose it after becoming a bit of performing monkey for kids when I first moved to the US (say this, you sound funny!!). Makes it hard to keep an accent when you feel targeted, lol

....because you moved to Alabama or something with all the redneck country bumpkins? :p

Where i grew up we are used to having a very diverse crowd so most of us were never really fascinated different accents because we were exposed to a lot of them.

....because you moved to Alabama or something with all the redneck country bumpkins? :p

Where i grew up we are used to having a very diverse crowd so most of us were never really fascinated different accents because we were exposed to a lot of them.
Arkansas, and absolutely!

That's funny. I grew up in south-central Texas but spent most summers in Alabama. The kids in Alabama would call me 'texas' because I talked funny. Then going home to Texas for school in the fall the kids there called me 'alabama' because I talked funny. :wacko:
All in fun, tho'. :D

That's funny. I grew up in south-central Texas but spent most summers in Alabama. The kids in Alabama would call me 'texas' because I talked funny. Then going home to Texas for school in the fall the kids there called me 'alabama' because I talked funny. :wacko:
That's hilarious! :D

Y'all all talk funny. :p jk

I'm from a bit farther... seeing as I'm from Tycho-city on Luna...
JK I'm from the united states right up against the eastern side of the rocky mountains. won't say where but it gives us interesting weather to be sure. in the summer it runs like clockwork... a storm around 14:00 every day in june and july for example... though the polar vortex caused by el nina is giving us record snowfall this year.

I'm from a bit farther... seeing as I'm from Tycho-city on Luna...
JK I'm from the united states right up against the eastern side of the rocky mountains. won't say where but it gives us interesting weather to be sure. in the summer it runs like clockwork... a storm around 14:00 every day in june and july for example... though the polar vortex caused by el nina is giving us record snowfall this year.

Have you been to Casa Bonita (from South Park) :p

From England - Liverpool

How do you like it out there?

Have you been to Casa Bonita (from South Park) :p

How do you like it out there?
yeah but not since before south park bought it :p

South West Western Australia
I must have had news stickies in my head the first time I ran through that last nite. What I thought I read was, "South West Airlines Australia" :LOL:

I currently live in Fife, moved here about 5 years ago.
Oh very nice! Used to take trips up to Edinburgh quite a bit because it's where my mother was raised, so she would take us to visit friends quite frequently there and to the surrounding areas. Such a gorgeous country. Haven't been since we moved to the US, but I miss the hills of Scotland.

Oh very nice! Used to take trips up to Edinburgh quite a bit because it's where my mother was raised, so she would take us to visit friends quite frequently there and to the surrounding areas. Such a gorgeous country. Haven't been since we moved to the US, but I miss the hills of Scotland.

I work in Edinburgh so I travel through most days and I am still fascinated with it, especially when I have to drive through Holyrood Park!

I work in Edinburgh so I travel through most days and I am still fascinated with it, especially when I have to drive through Holyrood Park!
Absolutely stunning city! It would be amazing to get back and see it again.

Upstate NY

Upstate NY
One of the only states where northerners refer to themselves as being "Upstate"

For example, I don't live in "Upstate California" ....I live in Northern California. :p

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom