What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

Chit Chat Zone

You should watch The Watcher :D
I cancelled my Netflix account, too many subscriptions, lol. I might try and get it back at some point.

I feel like I am doing something wrong, I usually have to be up at 5 am the next day :p
lol, enjoying the freedom, but totally understand. Having days off where you don't have to work always feels odd :D

Funny, I've never considered listening to stand up comedy in the (admittedly few) times I've used Spotify :D
I have the paid version thanks to the BF. I listen to all my music and podcasts on there now. :)

I have the paid version thanks to the BF. I listen to all my music and podcasts on there now. :)
I still use YouTube music, it works alright for me, but so many people tell me Spotify is better...I really need to just start using it, lol.

I still use YouTube music, it works alright for me, but so many people tell me Spotify is better...I really need to just start using it, lol.
Never used that. I was using apple music and podcasts but now I've switched over to the green side. I like it better. :D

Never used that. I was using apple music and podcasts but now I've switched over to the green side. I like it better. :D
Yeah, I can totally understand that, I need to do it at some point, just bite the bullet. Can't afford to subscribe to anything, but free tiers work for now, ads and all.

Yeah, I can totally understand that, I need to do it at some point, just bite the bullet. Can't afford to subscribe to anything, but free tiers work for now, ads and all.
Free version works good for podcasts, just when you're listening to music they like to sneak ads in there in between songs.

Free version works good for podcasts, just when you're listening to music they like to sneak ads in there in between songs.
Yeah, YouTube music does the same thing. It's fine, saves me a few bucks when money's tight. Maybe when I get a real job again I'll subscribe, but free works fine :)

Yeah, YouTube music does the same thing. It's fine, saves me a few bucks when money's tight. Maybe when I get a real job again I'll subscribe, but free works fine :)
Do you have an android phone or an iphone?

I have YouTube premium student but the price randomly goes up!
Yeah, a lot of subscription services are doing that, just random price hikes because they can. People keep on paying, so they just keep doing it.

Yeah, a lot of subscription services are doing that, just random price hikes because they can. People keep on paying, so they just keep doing it.
I watch a lot of the WatchMojo videos and other top tens and it's a pain when an ad randomly comes through so I pay for premium. Or sometimes they will have a movie premiere etc.

I watch a lot of the WatchMojo videos and other top tens and it's a pain when an ad randomly comes through so I pay for premium. Or sometimes they will have a movie premiere etc.
Yeah, it's very annoying, especially when you watch long form videos. If I could I'd subscribe to Premium, but it's beyond me right now, so it's ads for me :)

It used to be about $8 NZD for premium student. Now they want about $12 NZD. The normal premium is almost $20 NZD.
Yeah, they're great at slowly inching up the price, just like Amazon Prime. Slowly but surely going up and up.

In a perfect world I would have all streaming services.
Eh, I'm cutting off more and more of them and just sticking with my Plex server. Cuts down on costs and I get control over my own content. Not great for brand new stuff, but it works for my needs.

I'll hate it when they bring out Hulu and Paramount+ here. Partner will want both.
They're pretty solid streaming services, but the constant fracturing of content on different services is getting annoying, that's why I've been systematically cutting them off. No more! Too expensive!

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom