What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

Collectible items

Randy

Aw, awww!
Thread Creator

Collectible items, like comic books, baseball cards, or things that were owned by someone famous can gain value over time.

Which type of collectible would you like to have?

I have a video game collection and a few sealed booster packs and boxes from the Pokemon trading card game, worth decent money, too!

Which type of collectible would you like to have?
R.8623c639ad36482de5edb8b350fa3088

Beanie babies; started collecting them after I got out of the hospital last October.

I collect books, figurines, pop vinyls videogames. More specifically with figurines I have been focussing on JoJo's Bizarre Adventure although I do have a few Dragon Ball ones and some general gaming ones from collector's editions. With Pop Vinyl I mostly stick to anime series I like. More recently been focussing on Fullmetal Alchemist and Hunter X Hunter. Gaming is more slanted towards PS4. Increasingly getting PS5 and Switch games though. Also have PS3 games and a few PS1 and 2 games. Oh and my digital collections on PC. Books are almost all nonfiction. A bias towards the humanities and social sciences. I do have a few biological books though, usually related to evolution with some exceptions.

TV-Guide-Collection-from-1972-early-90s-4.jpg

Anime-Collection.jpg

Any questions?

I have a video game collection and a few sealed booster packs and boxes from the Pokemon trading card game, worth decent money, too!

R.8623c639ad36482de5edb8b350fa3088

Beanie babies; started collecting them after I got out of the hospital last October.

I collect books, figurines, pop vinyls videogames. More specifically with figurines I have been focussing on JoJo's Bizarre Adventure although I do have a few Dragon Ball ones and some general gaming ones from collector's editions. With Pop Vinyl I mostly stick to anime series I like. More recently been focussing on Fullmetal Alchemist and Hunter X Hunter. Gaming is more slanted towards PS4. Increasingly getting PS5 and Switch games though. Also have PS3 games and a few PS1 and 2 games. Oh and my digital collections on PC. Books are almost all nonfiction. A bias towards the humanities and social sciences. I do have a few biological books though, usually related to evolution with some exceptions.

TV-Guide-Collection-from-1972-early-90s-4.jpg

Anime-Collection.jpg

Any questions?

Nice collections! Anyone ever going to cash in on their collectables or just save them forever?

I have hundreds of DVDs and blu-rays but I don't think they're worth anything.

Nice collections! Anyone ever going to cash in on their collectables or just save them forever?
Eventually I will, I suppose, but for now I'm happier collecting. I've had some amazing finds over the years, and I love the rush of getting something super rare for dirt cheap.
Nothing terribly rare, though some sealed DVDs are worth a considerable amount, but hang onto them, who knows what'll change in the future! I've got 720+ DVDs and Blu Rays hanging around lol.

Eventually I will, I suppose, but for now I'm happier collecting. I've had some amazing finds over the years, and I love the rush of getting something super rare for dirt cheap.
Same here! Used to love going to the thrift store back in the day.
Nothing terribly rare, though some sealed DVDs are worth a considerable amount, but hang onto them, who knows what'll change in the future! I've got 720+ DVDs and Blu Rays hanging around lol.
I wonder how many we have? I never counted them. Probably close to your number. Nothing sealed though. Everything has been opened and watched :p

Some people are like that. They'll buy a ton of something because they think its valuable and then before they know it they are living in a house full of junk.

Some people are like that. They'll buy a ton of something because they think its valuable and then before they know it they are living in a house full of junk.
Yeah, it's strange that some people get so into things like that! I collect because I enjoy games and movies, and I admit I have A LOT of both, but I don't go overboard on one specific one, lol.

...well...I mean...I do have three copies of each of the LotR films...and four copies of Too Human...because reasons...

Save them forever and a day.

Just depends on what you have because their is a Funko POP that is worth 1,300.00 and friend has a bunch of them that are autographed. Such as Marvel, DC, Stranger Things and a few other various collections
Which ones do you have?
I personally don't have any.... yet, My bf has a whole room filled with them from Marvel, DC, Stranger Things, Star Trek, and a few are Dye Cast too. Has also a few of like superman batman pops, with comic books still in the case. Collectively theirs probably guessing at least $180,000 at its value sitting in there or more if they were sold today. and maybe spent (Guessing : 10,000. and of course if they are signed the price goes double. He scans them into the Funko app and it doesnt show the price for signed ones of course but yea.

Just depends on what you have because their is a Funko POP that is worth 1,300.00 and friend has a bunch of them that are autographed. Such as Marvel, DC, Stranger Things and a few other various collections

I personally don't have any.... yet, My bf has a whole room filled with them from Marvel, DC, Stranger Things, Star Trek, and a few are Dye Cast too. Has also a few of like superman batman pops, with comic books still in the case. Collectively theirs probably guessing at least $180,000 at its value sitting in there or more if they were sold today. and maybe spent (Guessing : 10,000. and of course if they are signed the price goes double. He scans them into the Funko app and it doesnt show the price for signed ones of course but yea.
Very cool! I wish I could see that room.

I collect a lot of James Bond and Star Wars items. I do have some bottles of bourbon that are collectible as well.

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom