What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

Do you miss being a teenager?

Sure, for the lack of responsibility, but absolutely not for everything else about that nightmarish hell that was life. Granted, if I had the knowledge I have now back then, then yeah, because I could fix a lot of things.

Yeah, the past was definitely a blast! But, hindsight is such a wonderful thing...would be too cool to do over some of the mistakes I made. I'm kinda glad now that it's over with, really.

No, I definitely don't. It's not a time I care to revisit.

Sometimes... I mean, don't get me wrong being an adult is great too, making your own decisions and building your own life, but having no responsibility or bills was a great time too!
School didn't bother me much, although looking back I wish I spent less time online and more time studying. 🙈

It's funny because, as I said in my intro, I stopped frequenting forums probably 10+ years ago after them being such a big part of my teenage life, so registering here has really triggered some nostalgia in me.

Not really. My teenage years were awful, filled with anxiety, depression, first and second hand abuse. The only thing I miss about being a teenager is how much skinnier I was.

19 was stressful for me, adulthood hit me all at once, Had a job, an apartment, a kid and a baby mama and was new to it all.
It molded you into superman, though! Now you have a house, a bae, a kid and a pass to watch movies anytime! Upgrade!

I miss the irresponsibility of my teen years. I started working part-time at 15, but besides that and school, I was pretty wild and reckless. At least I lived to tell the tale!

Not really... I had some fun times, but I also cringe at how I used to be >_< .

I honestly miss being younger and not having a care in the world. I miss not having as many responsibilities. I also just miss in a way going to school as I actually had friends then even if only at school. So yes, in some ways I do miss being a teenager or young teenager. It was nice while it lasted...

I honestly miss being younger and not having a care in the world. I miss not having as many responsibilities. I also just miss in a way going to school as I actually had friends then even if only at school. So yes, in some ways I do miss being a teenager or young teenager. It was nice while it lasted...
Do you have a lot of responsibilities nowadays?

Do you have a lot of responsibilities nowadays?
I mean when I worked and all that years ago, yes. Nowadays noot so much. I mean paying the cable/internet bill and stuff but nothing major.

I mean when I worked and all that years ago, yes. Nowadays noot so much. I mean paying the cable/internet bill and stuff but nothing major.

Must be nice :p

If I don't bring home a paycheck and keep the bills paid, not just me but 2 other people would be out on the street! :faint:

I don't really miss being a teenager at all. I do miss being in college, though. :p

When I was younger, I was always told that high school and childhood were the happiest years of your life. This wasn't at all the truth. Truth was, I had a lot of trouble in high school. My childhood had a father who left when I was three-years-old and had a lot of emotional issues I didn't know how to deal with. As an adult, everything isn't always perfect, but I feel like I am a lot more in control. I have a wife and I am able to make bigger strides toward my goals. I don't miss being a teenager, I don't miss high school, or any of that.

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom