What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

Do you prefer being single or in a Relationship?

Naiwen

Gold Member
Elite Member

Personally, I prefer far more being single than in a relationship. I value my freedom and independence. Relationships are too stressful, suffocating, time and energy consuming and melodramatic for me personally speaking TBH here! And because I can't do whatever I want and live the life I want either! Why? Because I always have to wait till the other person arrives on the date, and they might be late, and waiting for them to respond, is just too much for me. Granted, I have a few mental and physical health issues and that's why I can't stand being in a relationship myself. How about you? Do you prefer being single or in a relationship according to you?

I prefer to be in a relationship. Ever since my very first relationship out of high school ended, I've hated being single.

I don't like drama and drama is part of any relationship that I've been in. I actually thrive being alone and will not give it up....nope.

I prefer to be in a relationship. Been in one for the last 12 years. It enriches my life and makes me a better person. Hope this one lasts forever. :heart:

Single.

I think I've grown too accustom to being on my own. The idea of being in a relationship right now sounds like a burden.

I love being in a relationship although I do find it hard when my partner doesn't agree with how I agree with things and we have an argument. It's also hard at times being in a same sex relationship due to certain views of people but generally most people are okay with it and more and more people take time to learn more about it and accept it as the years go by.

I enjoy being in a relationship. BUT......it SO depends on the other person. :cool: I much prefer being alone to being around fussin' & fightin'!

With our 44th wedding anniverary coming up in a couple of weeks, it doesn't take much guessing what my answer will be.

A relationship with the right person can be magic, and even absolute bliss. A relationship with the wrong person can be awful, and usually is.

As for the original question, the relationship I'm in is what I've always dreamt about, so yeah. Humans are social animals, they need personal connections.

Well, except for Naiwen. :LOL:

I definitely prefer to be in a relationship. I hated being single when I was younger, and I dread the thought of not being with my spouse.

How young we talking? I think young people SHOULD be single. :p
I was thinking when I was a teenager. xD I was single throughout high school and I honestly wish I got to experience being in a relationship during this time. My spouse and I met in high school, but we didn't start dating until after graduation.

I was thinking when I was a teenager. xD I was single throughout high school and I honestly wish I got to experience being in a relationship during this time. My spouse and I met in high school, but we didn't start dating until after graduation.

Teenagers should be free and out there enjoying their last years being a kid. We have the rest of our lives to be grown up and in relationships.

Single. Don't want or need a relationship. Too much of a loner and not a people person. I waited too long for my freedom to give it up.

Still don't want a relationship though, Neb.

I prefer being in a relationship.. and in the right one, you pretty much have all of the freedoms of being single anyway.. if the relationship is right, you won't want to sleep around, and a lot of the stuff you "must" do in a relationship, are simply those that you want to do because you want to include them, and sharing in the experience together is more rewarding than if you were to do it alone.

At least, that has been my experience.

That said, it is also possible to be in a relationship and then feel lonlier in it than you did when single. That is how you know that you aren't happy and that the relationship you're in isn't right for you.

And that, has been my experience too.. that is, before I met my husband.

I prefer being in a relationship.. and in the right one, you pretty much have all of the freedoms of being single anyway.. if the relationship is right, you won't want to sleep around, and a lot of the stuff you "must" do in a relationship, are simply those that you want to do because you want to include them, and sharing in the experience together is more rewarding than if you were to do it alone.

At least, that has been my experience.

That said, it is also possible to be in a relationship and then feel lonlier in it than you did when single. That is how you know that you aren't happy and that the relationship you're in isn't right for you.

And that, has been my experience too.. that is, before I met my husband.
Yup, agreed on all points. :)

I have been single for years and even decades but I have experienced being in a relationship at some point of my life.. Although I am contended of my being single at the moment I am still open to a possibility of being in a relationship for companionship sake.

I have been single for years and even decades but I have experienced being in a relationship at some point of my life.. Although I am contended of my being single at the moment I am still open to a possibility of being in a relationship for companionship sake.

Hope you find someone!

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom