What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

How often do you buy games?

MrDawn

Off Topix Legend

How often do you buy video games? Every week? A few times a month? Once or maybe twice every 6 months?

I've noticed I bought less games over the years, but come when I get taxes I wanna get some games I've been meaning to pick up during the last year or so. I'd have to say I buy games every month or two currently, sometimes 3 months.

Never have, they were gifts.

Never anymore, can't afford them.

I never really buy games anymore. None of them look all that interesting.

It depends how often games come out that I want really, but even if a lot come out that I want they'll share very close release dates or be a few months apart, so the shortest time I've gone without buying a game has been probably 6-ish months. As for longest, I think I went a year or so without buying a new game when the PS5 launched and any new titles I wanted were ones I wanted to play on PS5, but I didn't have one at launch so just held off on buying a lot of the launch year titles and got them at a huge discount instead.

Well, it depends on the kind of game that's out. If it's worth it, I'm going to buy. It's like how I'm waiting for Hogwarts Legacy that's coming out soon. I'm getting on my Playstation 4.

I do game shoppings every 3 months. I ensure that I have made plans of the games that I will want to buy before giving it a try.

Sadly, it's been very little lately. I did get a PS5 and was able to play FFVII Intermission/DLC and Crisis Core, but I haven't really been playing lately due to exhaustion and burnout. I think this year will offer some more options.

It depend on what game I want to play or what is my interest. Since last year I try to buy games that are on sale, I think the pricing of 80$ for a new game is just too much, I know it take alot of work to release and create a game but seriously? Sometimes you gotta buy the game and then pay for a membership to play online, this is a joke in my opinion. I do pay a membership to play Runescape but the game is free first of all, you choose if you want the membership or not. Now that I'm playing on PC it's really a problem anymore but when I used to play on Xbox, I had to pay the Xbox Live subscription to play online.

I don't buy games as often as I used to now since there are now quite a lot of free-to-play games. I would say on average I tend to buy one or two video games a year if there are games that I am interested in. I probably buy more in-game items than buying new video games per year if I am honest.

I've purposefully started to cut back on the amount of games I buy. I was previously the type of person who was always buying stuff during the sales, pre-ordering games, just stacking up a collection. But it got to the point where I'll never play the insane amount of games I have, I was looking through my digital collection on PS5 and it was just insane. So I've started trying to only buy games I have an immediate need to buy. For example, I really want to play Resident Evil 4 but I just know I'm not going to play it right this second, so I'm better off waiting. The worst feeling ever was buying a game, putting off playing it, and then seeing the price slashed months later meanwhile it's still sitting untouched in my collection.

I've purposefully started to cut back on the amount of games I buy. I was previously the type of person who was always buying stuff during the sales, pre-ordering games, just stacking up a collection. But it got to the point where I'll never play the insane amount of games I have, I was looking through my digital collection on PS5 and it was just insane. So I've started trying to only buy games I have an immediate need to buy. For example, I really want to play Resident Evil 4 but I just know I'm not going to play it right this second, so I'm better off waiting. The worst feeling ever was buying a game, putting off playing it, and then seeing the price slashed months later meanwhile it's still sitting untouched in my collection.

I can relate to that, I have SOOOO many games I haven't played yet. Feel bad because my partner bought them for me and they are just collecting dust.

A few times on month, depending on bargains.

Online or in the store?
Usually in the store. Gamestop has the power up rewards I collect so whenever a game I want comes around, I cash in my points rather than use money. Or, if I can't get stuff in store I'm not opposed to buying games online especially the hard to get ones.

Usually in the store. Gamestop has the power up rewards I collect so whenever a game I want comes around, I cash in my points rather than use money. Or, if I can't get stuff in store I'm not opposed to buying games online especially the hard to get ones.

Thats cool. They give you enough rewards points to buy entire games on a regular basis?

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom