What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

Spotting someone you know in public

Randy

Aw, awww!
Thread Creator

If you are in public and see someone you think you know, do you always stop and say hello?

Why or why not?

Do you enjoy these chance interactions? Does it happen to you a lot?

If you are in public and see someone you think you know, do you always stop and say hello?
I ran into a friend I hadn't seen for some months this morning, and yes; I did make a point to say hello.

Depends on who it is. I am usually the one getting stopped by other people because I am often in my own little world not paying attention to others. Lol

I ran into a friend I hadn't seen for some months this morning, and yes; I did make a point to say hello.

Thats cool, did you have a nice visit?

Nope, I'm too much of an anxious person to do that.

It's a small town. I see a lot of people I used to know. No, we don't bother saying hi to each other.

I hate when it’s a co-worker, I try to dodge those peeps. I already see them 40 hours a week. Lol

Depends on who it is and if they were originally an acquaintance of mine or not.

I once said hi when I was in high school to someone I never talked to before when I saw him in Walmart, and of course, being a jock, he stuck his nose up at me. We were all assholes back in those days, though.

Depends on who it is and if they were originally an acquaintance of mine or not.

I once said hi when I was in high school to someone I never talked to before when I saw him in Walmart, and of course, being a jock, he stuck his nose up at me. We were all assholes back in those days, though.

Surprised you even remember that.

Depends on who they are. If it's a friend of mine, sure. Co-worker? Depends. Anyone else? Meh...we'll see.

The worst is when I successfully dodge someone I don't want to have an interaction with only for them to pop up around the corner just when I thought I was in the clear. Lol :LOL:

I occasionally bump into a familiar face; sometimes it's a case of "where do I know you from?" on one side or the other . I have found out that I apparently have a doppelganger in the area, because the "bumpee" will insist that my name is Yolanda. (not) :LOL:
Yes, I usually get a kick out of these spontaneous encounters.

I occasionally bump into a familiar face; sometimes it's a case of "where do I know you from?" on one side or the other . I have found out that I apparently have a doppelganger in the area, because the "bumpee" will insist that my name is Yolanda. (not) :LOL:
Yes, I usually get a kick out of these spontaneous encounters.

I wonder if people bump into Yolanda and call her by your name. :p

I wonder if people bump into Yolanda and call her by your name. :p
Oh! I wonder. That would be interesting to know; maybe I'll bump into Yolanda one day & we'll both be shocked. :D

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom