What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

Summer sucks

Bryd0

Gold Member

Summer is a season that doesn't please with everyone, including myself. Okay, it was fun when I was much younger but now, it's a season that I hate for a multitude of reasons. One is the unbearable heat especially when right now, it is about 27°C and during this long hot spell, I had to have my fan on all day to cool myself down. Also, my mum has fallen ill twice in the heat where yesterday she had quite a bad dizzy turn. That's because we are not used to these conditions. Speaking of this, I also had one restless night last week and was sleep-deprived as a result. I was very angry over this. At least the heat here isn't as severe down south in the UK, such as London. Got to feel sorry for the people down there...

Secondly, for some reason, people act stupid during the season also. It's as if the bright sun creates a psychological effect on us, whether they make us angry or make us become a loony. Children are the worst to be affected by this as they scream constantly on and off to the point it's getting really on my nerves. I have thrived in quietness all my life and I can't get any of it, not even in my own home whether I'm doing work on this laptop or if I'm drawing. Another example of people's idiocy in this weather is the tendency of drivers in their cars to blast out the shittiest music possible, from deafening rave which isn't even rave to pop music which I really, REALLY fucking hate, to the point I want that shit banned. Also, I don't like the sight of guys cutting about topless. Okay, do that if you're feeling too warm and maybe if you have a six-pack on yourself but for the love of god don't do it if you have a large belly hanging out of your torso. Even if the guys with toned bodies do it, you look like a douche to be fairly honest.

Lastly, is the large amount of garbage blockbuster films being churned out and has been a problem for many years, but it gets progressively worse. From over-the-top action films filled with explosions here and there to unfunny comedies relying on only immature or gross humour. That is the reason why I've stopped going to the cinema and haven't looked back since, and that I've now lost all faith in the film industry, with the amount of shit being churned out in general. To me, there has not been ONE good film out this year (at least in my opinion).

So yeah, these are my reasons of why I hate summer so much and I hope it ends soon, even with the abnormally hot spells we've been getting, and has been the longest hot spell since 2006 apparently. I remember of how scorching hot 2003 was but this year is a lot worse. Especially when forest and grass fires have happened and the tarmac on roads and railway tracks starting to melt. Of course, that's been a problem for England. The only good thing about this season is when I go out for a bit of photo-taking, when it comes to the clear blue skies and good light source. Why some people are happy about the summer is one thing I'll never understand... all it does is bring misery to me, and it has been during my teenage life but got worse three years ago.

This was cross-posted from my recent DeviantArt journal entry, just to note.

Wow, lol, I thought I was grumpy during summer :p

I hate it too, the heat makes my angry, depressive and lethargic. And it brings on my migraines more than normal. Roll on Winter.

So far, the heat has managed to knock my TV signal out multiple times, it interferes with my wifi signal, overheats my tech, gives me a fatass amount of sunburn, and it's generally shite.

Stormrider said:
I hate it too, the heat makes my angry, depressive and lethargic. And it brings on my migraines more than normal. Roll on Winter.
Sorry to hear that... and yes, summer can cause more headaches to people. It happened to me a few times before :cautious:

◢Dagger◣ said:
So far, the heat has managed to knock my TV signal out multiple times, it interferes with my wifi signal, overheats my tech, gives me a fatass amount of sunburn, and it's generally shite.
The heat can do that? Must be very hot where you are. And, I think the heat had made my old computer's GPU hotter than usual, especially when I checked SpeedFan all the time and had to clean it out every bloody time.

I made the mistake of leaving my laptop in the car the other day, on the hottest day of the year. Took it out and seriously you could have cooked on it! Thankfully it doesn't seem to have damaged it.

I'm not much for summer do the heat. Seems things break because of the heat. My home AC went out because of the heat. I'm sick of it already.

I too hate the summertime and I work in a factory with no air so it's usually about 10 degrees hotter inside than outside. Unfortunately Summer is starting now so I'll have to deal with the heat for the next few months. I can't wait for fall again. :V When I was a kid the only thing I liked about summer was summer vacation, but I hardly went outside because of the heat. xD

Oh no! That sounds miserable. Why wont they install air conditioning?
I think it would mess with the foam used on the coolers but I'm not sure. There are some buildings that do have ac, my old building had a section that had ac but it was in the LED room where they solder lights and it gets even hotter in that enclosed room. We are given freeze pops to cool off on really hot days, and we do have giant fans by each of our stations.

I think it would mess with the foam used on the coolers but I'm not sure. There are some buildings that do have ac, my old building had a section that had ac but it was in the LED room where they solder lights and it gets even hotter in that enclosed room. We are given freeze pops to cool off on really hot days, and we do have giant fans by each of our stations.

I’ll bet you’re glad when your shift is over at the end of each day in the summer.

Oh for sure! As soon as I get home I put on a pair of shorts, and sit in the fan. I live in a basement too, so it's nice and cool. It's been hot but it's going to get even more hotter and I live in the Midwest so it gets super humid here too.

Oh for sure! As soon as I get home I put on a pair of shorts, and sit in the fan. I live in a basement too, so it's nice and cool. It's been hot but it's going to get even more hotter and I live in the Midwest so it gets super humid here too.

I hate humidity, I'll bet your 80 degrees feels like 100 degrees. Here is California it gets over 100 in the summer but its a really dry heat so its tolerable. Still miserable, but tolerable.... somewhat.

It does and unfortunately for me it's going to be in the upper 90's next week and that's not including the heat index. x_X Can it be September yet? xD

It does and unfortunately for me it's going to be in the upper 90's next week and that's not including the heat index. x_X Can it be September yet? xD

It’s still hot until like October here.

I hate when you get into your car during the summer and it's so humid in there and the steering wheel is as hot as fire.

I hate when you get into your car during the summer and it's so humid in there and the steering wheel is as hot as fire.
Remember back in the 90s when seatbelts were metal and would burn the crap out of you!

Remember when there were metal slides on playgrounds in the 90's and during summertime you would burn yourself going down them? That sucked! xD I would avoid the metal slides when possible as a kid, but I remember one time being in summer school and forgetting about the heat and going down a metal slide. That wasn't a fun time, but I also remember finding a del taco wrapper afterwards and wondering what the heck del taco was since I never had it at the time. :V

Remember when there were metal slides on playgrounds in the 90's and during summertime you would burn yourself going down them? That sucked! xD I would avoid the metal slides when possible as a kid, but I remember one time being in summer school and forgetting about the heat and going down a metal slide. That wasn't a fun time, but I also remember finding a del taco wrapper afterwards and wondering what the heck del taco was since I never had it at the time. :V

Yes!!!! Those were so horrible. I played on them in the winter and ignored them when it was hot. Other kids were not as smart and they got burned.

Summer sucks ass because of the heat. I frickin hate the heat! It was a blast as a kid cause summer vacation and all.

I stop celebrating summer when that deadly heat wave of 1995 killed scores of people.

Not sure which is worse; summer heats or winter colds, although winters have been quite mild for the past few years.

Summer sucks ass because of the heat. I frickin hate the heat! It was a blast as a kid cause summer vacation and all.
Now we have to work AND be hot! :hot:

Not sure which is worse; summer heats or winter colds, although winters have been quite mild for the past few years.
Summer for me. Winters are very mild where I am.

3IMG_0785.jpg

Give me winter anytime over the heat of summer.....

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom