What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

• Attention Wober.net Members: The Wober Discussion Community has been rebranded and relaunched as Off Topix! View this annoucement for details.

Terminator or Star Wars?

MrDawn

Reaction score
Which film franchise do you prefer?

Terminator?

or Star Wars?

Maul

Elite Bitch
Elite Member
Reaction score
Guess mine! :p

Maul

Elite Bitch
Elite Member
Reaction score
I've never seen the Terminator films... :O

Dee

Gold Member
MOTM
Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Definitely Star Wars. While the first Terminator movies are great (compared to the rest), Star Wars is just so vast in its lore that it has so much more to offer and we've gotten some great adaptations, spin offs, etc.

PGen98

Chatty Bitch
Reaction score
I'm on the Star Wars side, but in fairness I did only watch the first Terminator, so...I'm lacking there.

emily

Off Topix Veteran
Elite Member
Reaction score
neither.

I think they are both extremely overrated
but at least star wars has a good theme song I guess

MamaFrankie

The Guv'nor's Other Woman (Lord Julian's Consort)
Reaction score
Neither. That genre does not interest me at all.

MrDawn

Reaction score
Star Wars is just so vast in its lore that it has so much more to offer and we've gotten some great adaptations, spin offs, etc.

Not going to lie. George Lucas was inspired by Terminator 2: Judgment Day from it's beginning scene of the future war and incorporated that into Episodes 1 and 2 and later found it's way into The Mandalorian, which has many plot points heavily referencing to The Terminator and Terminator 2 Judgment Day.

Not to mention the biggest easter egg being Michael Biehn (Kyle Reese) from the first Terminator film.

Webster

Snark Master, Political Raconteur & Dungeon Master
Administrator
Reaction score
I do love Linda Hamilton though.
PossibleExemplaryAmurratsnake-size_restricted.gif

Lena Headey was pretty darn good in the short-lived Terminator spinoff series The Sarah Connor Chronicles, a show that is one of the poster children for being "Screwed by the Network"....
Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles opened with strong numbers, only to be interrupted by the '08 writers' strike, which sidelined its planned lead-in to 24. Instead of trying to gain viewers in Season 2, Fox shoehorned it into a lead-in spot for Prison Break (which had seen a dramatic crash in viewership and popularity). The show was then put on a three-month hiatus and upon its return, rather than being scheduled as the lead-in to the returning 24, Fox moved it to the Friday Night Death Slot and needless to say it was over from there.

MrDawn

Reaction score

Lena Headey was pretty darn good in the short-lived Terminator spinoff series The Sarah Connor Chronicles, a show that is one of the poster children for being "Screwed by the Network"....

I liked the show quite a bit even though it was another alternate time line. It borrowed a lot of ideas from the works of S.M. Stirling's T-2 novel trilogy. There were a lot of references to "Rising Storm".

Maul

Elite Bitch
Elite Member
Reaction score

I don't think much of Lena as an actress.

Nebulous

Maintenance Man
Administrator
Founder
Reaction score
Hmm, I am not much of a star wars nerd so I'd have to go with terminator. :D

fuzzems

Reaction score
I have never seen the Star Wars movies. Sorry. Saw the first one years ago but didn't really spark my interest. I was much more of a Star Trek fan. And Capt Kirk was a hottie.

hqdefault.jpg

Maul

Elite Bitch
Elite Member
Reaction score
I have never seen the Star Wars movies. Sorry. Saw the first one years ago but didn't really spark my interest. I was much more of a Star Trek fan. And Capt Kirk was a hottie.

hqdefault.jpg
Shatner definitely is an amazing actor. I love Boston Legal.

Maul

Elite Bitch
Elite Member
Reaction score
What did Obi-Wan tell Luke when his young apprentice was having a difficult time using chopsticks at the Chinese restaurant?
“Use the forks, Luke.”

Phillip

The Priest
Reaction score
Terminator for myself. I can't see what my life would be without it. Hah.

Maul

Elite Bitch
Elite Member
Reaction score
Luke: What’s for dinner tonight, Dad?
Anakin: Wookiee steak.
Luke: Is it any good?
Anakin: It’s a little chewy.

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom