What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

Vaccines are a scam?

Randy

Aw, awww!
Thread Creator

Vaccination to prevent diseases is common in many countries, but some people think it is actually dangerous and a way for pharmaceutical companies to make money?

What's your opinion?

I think 'big pharma' does push some pretty much unnecessary vaccines. "Childhood illnesses" that I and even my kids have had which are pretty much inconsequential in the long run: measles, mumps, chicken pox vaccines should not be mandatory for instance. I think it's okay to go ahead & get the actual short-term disease & be done with it.
I think some vaccines are absolutely necessary: polio for example....horrible killing disease and most survivors are left with crippling disabilities for life.
I think most veterinary vaccines are definitely necessary....rabies being #1.

I'm still wishy-washy on the continuing series of Covid vaccines.

I'm still wishy-washy on the continuing series of Covid vaccines.
Same here! I got the first two doses but no boosters. I think im done with Covid vaccines.

Same here! I got the first two doses but no boosters. I think im done with Covid vaccines.
Yeah, exactly what I've had. Since then I've been hesitant to get more, but whenever I've told myself that "okay, I'm going to go ahead and get a booster now", I change my mind in a day or two; even tho' my husband TRIES to nag.
A woman's prerogative I reckon. :p

No. They're not a scam. The Polio Vaccine is proof that we need it.
Close the thread. This is the only information we need. Lol, in all seriousness, the way that people argue against vaccines when they're required for so many damn things is frightening. Like...are you going to point the finger at a family member or friend, for instance, going into the military? Guess how many vaccines they were REQUIRED to get. Wanna go to a school? Gotta be vaccinated. It's not like vaccines are a novel idea. Even George Washington required his troops to be inoculated against smallpox. We've known for a very long time how important vaccines are, but the current political climate has made us forget our studies about how bacteria and viruses are spread and what they'll do when they ravage an unvaccinated body (god forbid they be immunocompromised).

Close the thread. This is the only information we need. Lol, in all seriousness, the way that people argue against vaccines when they're required for so many damn things is frightening. Like...are you going to point the finger at a family member or friend, for instance, going into the military? Guess how many vaccines they were REQUIRED to get. Wanna go to a school? Gotta be vaccinated. It's not like vaccines are a novel idea. Even George Washington required his troops to be inoculated against smallpox. We've known for a very long time how important vaccines are, but the current political climate has made us forget our studies about how bacteria and viruses are spread and what they'll do when they ravage an unvaccinated body (god forbid they be immunocompromised).
Overall I do agree, BUT, maybe what made people nervous about this one, though, is the speed in which it was developed. And, maybe it was this sort of thinking that got the whole political rift started????
As I recall, for instance, people were in such a panic about Polio that there was a huge rush to protect the children from this horrible thing; there were mistakes made with the first vaccines.
We don't routinely get smallpox vaccinations any more, but was there a big controversy over that one? I don't know of any problems with that.

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom