What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

What Are You Currently Reading?

started a new book yesterday.

murder on the safari star

by the same author as the ice children

Hows the story going?

Gets boring at some parts?
Let's say that it is at times repetitive and, because it's a genre that's not in my wheelhouse, per se, that I'm not as patient with it as I am with Horror, Whodunnit's, Non-Fiction...

I just finished Confronting the Margaret Mead Legacy: Scholarship, Empire, and the South Pacific.

I have now started reading Rights, Cultures, Subjects and Citizens.

Let's say that it is at times repetitive and, because it's a genre that's not in my wheelhouse, per se, that I'm not as patient with it as I am with Horror, Whodunnit's, Non-Fiction...
Did you finish it yet?

I am currently working my way through three books. Two of which I picked up recently at a book fair.

Evolution and Social Life by Tim Ingold
Crisis in the Philippines: The Marco Era and Beyond edited by David Newsom

and I have also been reading
Development as Freedom by Amartya Sen

They still do those? I remember those back in the 90s
Yeah, I think they are still pretty common here in New Zealand. Libraries and charitable organizations tend to have annual book fairs. One of the biggest that I know of off the top of my head is the Red Cross book fair.

As for my currently reading, I finished Development as Freedom and am continuing Culture/Power/History: A Reader in Contemporary Social Theory.

The Bird Hotel by Joyce Maynard.

I'm on chapter 31 (the chapters are all about 3-5 pages), it really hasn't picked up yet.

Nothing, i hate reading books to be honest.
Wasting my time doing this.

Catching up on a manga called "Life in Another World as a Housekeeping Mage". It's pretty fun.

"The Catholic Children's Prayer Book" by Louis M. Savary

I paused on reading ACOTAR because I found this one author in Barnes and Noble simply by the title of her books. They were so interesting (title and brief read) I had to buy all three.
Kimberly Lemming is the author.

"That Time I Got Drunk and Saved a Demon."

"That Time I Got Drunk and Yeeted a Love Potion at a Werewolf."

"That Time I Got Drunk and Saved a Human."

On the first one currently.

I paused on reading ACOTAR because I found this one author in Barnes and Noble simply by the title of her books. They were so interesting (title and brief read) I had to buy all three.
Kimberly Lemming is the author.

"That Time I Got Drunk and Saved a Demon."

"That Time I Got Drunk and Yeeted a Love Potion at a Werewolf."

"That Time I Got Drunk and Saved a Human."

On the first one currently.

Sounds interesting. How was that first one?

I’ve been diving into The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss lately, and it’s been an incredible journey.

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom