What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

When using the bathroom,

MrDawn

Cosmic Wizard

When going to the bathroom, do you keep the door open or closed?

Closed, 100%. I don't even want to see that, I couldn't imagine subjecting others to it.

Have to admit that sometimes when no one's home I open the door cause sometimes I'm too lazy to close it or I can't hold it anymore :oops: but of course I always close the door when there's someone else in the house, when I use a public bathroom or when I'm taking a shower

Depends. If there's no one else in the house I feel no need to close the door. But I always close the lid when finished. :happy3:

I close the door usually and even lock it. I don't want people coming in on accident or anything.

Closed and locked, no matter if someone is home or not.

Open for the most part. I live alone, but sometimes my kitties like to join me to make sure I'm doing alright. If I don't want them in there climbing all over things, then I'll shut the door. But usually it's just a quick thing and I'm out in no more than a few minutes.

Depends on the bathroom. I have a bathroom in my bedroom so no on that one.

....then theres the one downstairs in the hallway.... yeah on that one (unless nobody is home).

Open for the most part. I live alone, but sometimes my kitties like to join me to make sure I'm doing alright. If I don't want them in there climbing all over things, then I'll shut the door. But usually it's just a quick thing and I'm out in no more than a few minutes.
My room is their room. :LOL: Their "digs", cat grass, and some toys are in there. (itsa biggish room)
So if I need to close the door it's not closed for long.
What they see in the bathroom stays in the bathroom.

Pets don't care what they see in the bathroom. :p

My room is their room. :LOL: Their "digs", cat grass, and some toys are in there. (itsa biggish room)
So if I need to close the door it's not closed for long.
What they see in the bathroom stays in the bathroom.
Yeah, this place is basically their playground. Whenever a door is shut, that's not going to fly with them.

When going to the bathroom, do you keep the door open or closed?
Open; the door jamb's screwed up and the door won't close.
That said, I keep the bathroom really really clean...

Closed and locked... even if I'm the only one there. I just don't feel right unless it's closed and locked and don't get how people can stand that.

Open; the door jamb's screwed up and the door won't close.
That said, I keep the bathroom really really clean...
I've replaced door jambs before you can just make a new one with some wood a jigsaw, and a drill to make the pilot hole for the latch cutout. It's not even that expensive, like $12 to $14 at most and home depot will even cut the length, width, and depth for you if you provide the dimensions.
Theoretically you could do it with hand tools if you drilled out the corners with a large enough bit and used something like a hacksaw or similar.
You could also just chisel it out with a hammer and chisel... just saying.

I've replaced door jambs before you can just make a new one with some wood a jigsaw, and a drill to make the pilot hole for the latch cutout. It's not even that expensive, like $12 to $14 at most and home depot will even cut the length, width, and depth for you if you provide the dimensions.
I may do that sometime this year; I've got a paint project for the bathroom I'm also planning to do as well.

Haha this is a wild question, got to be closed for me!

Closed and locked... even if I'm the only one there. I just don't feel right unless it's closed and locked and don't get how people can stand that.

I used to always lock the door, even if I was alone in the house. Until one night I woke up around 4am, and ended up getting myself locked in the bathroom, the deadbolt completely failed. Well I was stuck in there for a good few hours, so I have a fear of locking the door now.

I used to always lock the door, even if I was alone in the house. Until one night I woke up around 4am, and ended up getting myself locked in the bathroom, the deadbolt completely failed. Well I was stuck in there for a good few hours, so I have a fear of locking the door now.
Totally understandable, I would t lock it either after something like that

oh geebus. see I wouldn't let myself get stuck that like... keep various tools on my person when I'm up and about including a screwdriver... there's no deadbolt on the bathroom door but if there was and it was jammed? I'd disassemble the lock and get it open XD.

oh geebus. see I wouldn't let myself get stuck that like... keep various tools on my person when I'm up and about including a screwdriver... there's no deadbolt on the bathroom door but if there was and it was jammed? I'd disassemble the lock and get it open XD.

I was honestly so stressed, I'm sure I had work in the morning too! I had to get an emergency locksmith out, and he ended up doing some damage to the door, my landlord was not happy and tried to use it as a deposit dispute when we moved out, even though she was aware and even deducted from our rent to cover the cost of the locksmith which I paid. 🙈

I was honestly so stressed, I'm sure I had work in the morning too! I had to get an emergency locksmith out, and he ended up doing some damage to the door, my landlord was not happy and tried to use it as a deposit dispute when we moved out, even though she was aware and even deducted from our rent to cover the cost of the locksmith which I paid. 🙈
hjq6a42.png

Rule#1 don't panic :p no matter what the situation there's always a solution if you know enough and are prepared enough.
Given the situation in question it probably goes without saying but I hope you knew where your towel was XD.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom