What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

Chit Chat Zone

Lol, that wouldn't matter. He only looks at the first couple alerts and then the little red alert bubble goes away and he never looks at any of the other ones. He's not too forum savvy. :p
Have to teach him the ways of the force! These are the alerts you're looking for!

I have seen XF forums with alerts that do not go away until you click on every last thing that triggered the alert. Must be an add-on. I don't really like that though. Sometimes if its just a person 'Liking' your post, you don't need to go revisit that thread if there is no new replies.

I have seen XF forums with alerts that do not go away until you click on every last thing that triggered the alert. Must be an add-on. I don't really like that though. Sometimes if its just a person 'Liking' your post, you don't need to go revisit that thread if there is no new replies.
Yeah, that's an annoying change to make, I don't want to have to revisit every post I make, most of them aren't worth reading once, let alone twice :D

Yeah, that's an annoying change to make, I don't want to have to revisit every post I make, most of them aren't worth reading once, let alone twice :D

Yeah there are a lot of things forum owners do to FORCE their members to be more active, it usually doesn't work out though. It just turns people off. Like recently we were talking about how forum owners lock up basic/standard features and make you post to earn forum cash to unlock them.

Season 4 Showtime GIF by Billions

Yeah there are a lot of things forum owners do to FORCE their members to be more active, it usually doesn't work out though. It just turns people off. Like recently we were talking about how forum owners lock up basic/standard features and make you post to earn forum cash to unlock them.

Season 4 Showtime GIF by Billions
Yep, you can't force anyone to post more. If you want to see more interaction, it's on you and your staff to generate that content that's going to make them want to respond.

Did that kid from the wonder years turn out alright? He seems normal.

the princess bride cheek pinch GIF
Fred Savage Insanity GIF by The Grinder
Nope!

Nope!

Oh, well that sucks. He needs to keep it in his pants!

I think I am going to sneak downstairs to check on my laundry and maybe eat a bowl of cereal. brb

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom