What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

Do you prefer music or quiet?

Randy

Aw, awww!
Thread Creator

Do you prefer music or quiet?

Can you tolerate silence or do you need something to fill the void?

Both actually.
Yes, I can tolerate and appreciate silence. :)

Either, but I will say I prefer music when working on things.

Music for sure. I can tolerate the quiet but I'd rather have some sort of background noise going on. Either music or a TV show that I've seen a billion times and don't have to pay attention to it.

I prefer silence, but when I'm in the mood for music...well, yeah. I'll turn on some music.

I mostly prefer the quiet. It's nice to be at one with your own thoughts.

I prefer more music when there's a lot on my mind. There's also some times when I felt so alone and depressed it's scary and I needed to have noises around me, whether it was music or youtube videos.

Depending on the mood or what I'm doing. If I'm in the kitchen cooking, for example, I'll have Spotify playing through Alexa. However, at the moment, it's late at night and I will probably be heading to bed soon so I can appreciate the silence.

It depends on my mood. I can spend a lot of time on listening to music when I am less busy. It is something that I always look forward to each time that I am alone and bored.

I like fan noise. I always just like the sound of a fan running. It's very soothing for some reason.
Thats a good noise. I usually have mine on to drown out the noise of other people here watching tv or listening to music while I am trying to go to bed. They don't blast it but I hear everything, even at low volume levels. :p

I have tinnitus - a hissing/ringing noise going on in my head all the time.so I prefer to have some background noise - music or the tv - to act as a counter.

I can tolerate silence but I listen to music as much as possible during the day.

I dont listen to music much now, i did more in the past, always i will have some music on as a background noice. This past few yeas this changed to the TV. When alone, i have the TV open always ... usually when i don't watch anything and is on a cooking channel, sometimes i check a little if there is not a damn repeat ..

I can tolerate silence easily but I do enjoy listening to music often.

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom