What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

"I don't accept your apology"

MrDawn

Off Topix Legend

Have you ever rejected someone's apology? Why?

Yes because it was BS.

Maybe internally but I've never rejected an apology to someone's face. I've never said the words "I don't accept your apology" to someone after they've apologized to me. Usually its an awkward situation so I just want to end it as quickly as possible and move on.

As @emily said, words are just words. You have to SHOW that you're sorry through your actions and behavior.

Yes, but only because their apology meant shit to me.

Have you ever rejected someone's apology? Why?
Not that I recall. If someone treats me really bad, then walks away or whatever, then, the next day apologizes and admits their fault, 99% of the time I will accept it. It takes courage to admit your mistakes.

Yup. They don't have to accept my apology and just whatever. I forgot exactly why. Most of it was as a kid, so yeahhh lol

Not that I recall. If someone treats me really bad, then walks away or whatever, then, the next day apologizes and admits their fault, 99% of the time I will accept it. It takes courage to admit your mistakes.
Agreed. Unless there are repeated promises being broken or lines that are personally crossed that you don't wish to cross again in which case it's best to forgive but not forget.

What you don't want is ppl walking all over you - just apologising so that they're given another chance to hurt you. Sometimes in order for ppl to change, evolve and grow ppl need to experience consequences involving deep pain and loss. That's reality.

I respect your view and we're all different, this is just mine. Not imposing :)

Agreed. Unless there are repeated promises being broken or lines that are personally crossed that you don't wish to cross again in which case it's best to forgive but not forget.

What you don't want is ppl walking all over you - just apologising so that they're given another chance to hurt you. Sometimes in order for ppl to change, evolve and grow ppl need to experience consequences involving deep pain and loss. That's reality.

I respect your view and we're all different, this is just mine. Not imposing :)
You all good. Some very wise words! :D

Yes… by removing them from my life. Sometimes gradually, sometimes immediately. Depending on the severity of the transgression, of course.

When people introduce themselves , we have to believe them.

Yes… by removing them from my life. Sometimes gradually, sometimes immediately. Depending on the severity of the transgression, of course.

When people introduce themselves , we have to believe them.
That means you haven’t accepted their apology.

Introduce themselves? Personally? I think it’s unfair to judge someone based on first impressions but hey…

I assume you meant believe someone when they reveal their true colours e.g. how they behave when they don’t get what they want, a conflict arises or if they try to underhandedly curry favour from others even if that means disrespecting someone? Stuff like that indicates an opportunist.
Post automatically merged:

I also think that once you cut them out of your life, that MIGHT be enough pain caused for them to want to change, so they never behave the same way to someone else.

I think ppl may not change for YOU, but they WILL LIKELY change for themselves as they realise no one can stand them etc

That means you haven’t accepted their apology.

You can accept someone's apology and no longer have to associate with them. To forgive does not mean to forget. Forgive does not mean to automatically trust that person again either. To forgive is to quit feeling anger and resentment about it and move on with your life. There is no rule cited anywhere saying you have to continue being friends with someone after forgiving them. It does not excuse them for what they did. Cutting them out of your life is just demonstrating that you learned a hard lesson from trusting the wrong people. Once you violate trust, you often times don't ever get it back.

Also would you not reject an apology along the lines of “I’m sorry that you feel that way” with a big fat BUT that then follows it ?
"I'm sorry you feel that way" isn't an apology to me. It's an excuse for the transgression without having to bear guilt.

You can accept someone's apology and no longer have to associate with them. To forgive does not mean to forget. Forgive does not mean to automatically trust that person again either. To forgive is to quit feeling anger and resentment about it and move on with your life. There is no rule cited anywhere saying you have to continue being friends with someone after forgiving them. It does not excuse them for what they did. Cutting them out of your life is just demonstrating that you learned a hard lesson from trusting the wrong people. Once you violate trust, you often times don't ever get it back.
This is my approach too. Unhealthy to get involved in arguments and carry emotional baggage, as toxic emotions can ruin other relationships!
Post automatically merged:

"I'm sorry you feel that way" isn't an apology to me. It's an excuse for the transgression without having to bear guilt.
Same with apologies with a big fat BUT
Point is - insincere apologies.

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom