What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

I hate talking!

Naiwen

Gold Member
Elite Member

Personally, I hate talking, saying hi or good morning because it's useless and superficial. Why talk when I could type it out? I don't even go outside without anyone because I fear being talked to. Yes, I'm pretty much living as a recluse because I'm antisocial. Do NOT PM me trying to attract my attention because I don't care about small talk if it's not a vent or some serious topics. How about you? Are you personally a non verbal in your view?

I don't like talking to my neighbors or to strangers. That's about as far as I go.

I talk too much!

I hate talking, saying hi or good morning because it's useless and superficial.

Its not when its someone you know or having an interaction with. An in-person connection with other people can be very meaningful, fulfilling and therapeutic.

I don't like talking to my neighbors or to strangers. That's about as far as I go.
*deadpans* Bet that's a quiet neighborhood... :p :hug:

I'm decidedly anti social. I have a few friends and I refer to them as "The Gang of Four". To all others I only talk to them if there is no choice in the matter. I just don't like human nature. :angry2:

No. Too many kids and my neighbors next door are drugged out hoarders. I'm thinking about moving.
Makes sense then.

*deadpans* Bet that's a quiet neighborhood... :p :hug:
Doubt it
I'm decidedly anti social. I have a few friends and I refer to them as "The Gang of Four". To all others I only talk to them if there is no choice in the matter. I just don't like human nature. :angry2:
How long have you been friends with the gang of four?
No. Too many kids and my neighbors next door are drugged out hoarders. I'm thinking about moving.
Sounds like the neighborhood I used to live in. Glad I got out! :run:

As to the "Gang of Four" one friend is a friend of over 30 years, the 2nd about 10 years, and the other two about 5 years. Two guys and 2 gals.

As to the "Gang of Four" one friend is a friend of over 30 years, the 2nd about 10 years, and the other two about 5 years. Two guys and 2 gals.

Sounds like a nice group there! :grouphug:

Personally, I hate talking, saying hi or good morning because it's useless and superficial. Why talk when I could type it out? I don't even go outside without anyone because I fear being talked to. Yes, I'm pretty much living as a recluse because I'm antisocial. Do NOT PM me trying to attract my attention because I don't care about small talk if it's not a vent or some serious topics. How about you? Are you personally a non verbal in your view?
*begins talking as boisterously as possible* :LOL:

Its not when its someone you know or having an interaction with. An in-person connection with other people can be very meaningful, fulfilling and therapeutic.
For me it's meaningful if it's someone who's actually a friend.
Oftentimes with acquaintances it's just a politeness interaction which can be tiring if I were to be around them all day especially in group situations. Just pretending to listen and all when I'm really zoning out, aha.
But hey, that's the difference between friends and acquaintances, right? :D

Sounds like the neighborhood I used to live in. Glad I got out! :run:

Me too. I got sick of it. It made our home a very depressing place to be. When you have toxic neighbors like that, they effect everyone else with their bad living habits.

Over It Abandon Thread GIF

I suppose you could avoid them though? @Nebulous @Wessel

I mainly avoided talking to them. They were trashy people. They took a beautiful house in a really nice neighborhood that was in great shape 15 years ago and destroyed it. It looks like shit.

It was very upsetting that they were throwing trash in our back yard and on top of our roof that I had to clean up, they were letting their dogs hop the fence into our back yard, their daughter was inviting her friends and using our front yard as it if were her own personal playground (we got after her about that), and they were parking one of their cars over our property line close to our house. I tried to be very nice about it. I talked to a police officer and they said I'd have to officially report it and after so many police calls I could take them to the court and push a lawsuit because it belonged in a civil court. However, I don't own the house, so it'd have to be the owner's decision. Moving was the better option.

I mainly avoided talking to them. They were trashy people. They took a beautiful house in a really nice neighborhood that was in great shape 15 years ago and destroyed it. It looks like shit.

It was very upsetting that they were throwing trash in our back yard and on top of our roof that I had to clean up, they were letting their dogs hop the fence into our back yard, their daughter was inviting her friends and using our front yard as it if were her own personal playground (we got after her about that), and they were parking one of their cars over our property line close to our house. I tried to be very nice about it. I talked to a police officer and they said I'd have to officially report it and after so many police calls I could take them to the court and push a lawsuit because it belonged in a civil court. However, I don't own the house, so it'd have to be the owner's decision. Moving was the better option.
Wow that's hella rude!! Surprised you tried to be nice about it!!
You never know when druggies may be burying their crimes in your space.

Wow that's hella rude!! Surprised you tried to be nice about it!!
You never know when druggies may be burying their crimes in your space.

I did maintain good relations with them and watched my attitude towards them. I had to pretend to be that overly positive neighbor, kill them with kindness type of guy. I didn't want to come home and fight with them. Behind their back, I talked to the nuisance officer several times. They were already in court over destruction of the property and were getting a mandate to clean it up. Is the owner doing it? No. He and his family do what they want.

A good thing from me "pretending to be a good neighbor" is that they told me everything. The owner, Wes came over to me one day when I was coming home from work and complained that he hadn't paid his personal property tax in 3 years. Cant afford the tax on the house. Wanted his son and wife to move out. They have 5 kids and they're breeding without protection under his roof. He said he gave his son 600 dollars to go pay something, instead he blew it on the slot machines at a gas station in town. Complained about the court mandate to clean up his property and just confided in me like I was his personal therapist. The guy hates his daughter in law with a passion. Then he dropped a bomb on me that really disturbed me. He said his brother in law was breaking into his house and stealing shit. That told me that his brother in law could break into our house and steal shit. Then he said the police came over to his house and tried to get in, which I believe because my sister is a cop and she warned us all right after we moved there that they are alleged meth dealers and under watch. Anyways, after that and the already bad state the house was in, I decided it was time to go. I didn't want my kids subjected to Wes' bullshit.

For me it's meaningful if it's someone who's actually a friend.
Oftentimes with acquaintances it's just a politeness interaction which can be tiring if I were to be around them all day especially in group situations. Just pretending to listen and all when I'm really zoning out, aha.
But hey, that's the difference between friends and acquaintances, right? :D

Do you work, that'll be all day with your co-workers. :p

Me too. I got sick of it. It made our home a very depressing place to be. When you have toxic neighbors like that, they effect everyone else with their bad living habits.

Over It Abandon Thread GIF

Glad you got out of there!

I suppose you could avoid them though? @Nebulous @Wessel

Not really, thin walls. Can hear them even if all the doors / windows were closed.

I'm the shy kid in the corner of a lunch room when it comes to talking, can't stand it.

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom