What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

If someone's order is going to take long, tell them to PULL FORWARD!

The Governor

During the work day I like to run through McDonalds or wherever and get either just a pop, fries, or even a full meal. I always order a basic meal, nothing that would take forever. It annoys me to no end that the people in front of me ORDER A LARGE ASS MEAL and just sit there, holding up other people. Seriously, sorry your fat ass is hungry enough to scarf down three adult size meals, but I work, I don't have time to sit there and wait for you, especially when I only ordered ONE thing. -_- and shame on the employees who don't say "move forward".

Well, your work day hours could be different than someone elses. They could work the over-night shift or very early morning and that could be their dinner. :dontknow:

The best way to fix this is to pack a lunch for work.
...Or keep snacks handy at work so you don't have to go out into the real world and fight traffic and public places (like fast food). There is to many unknown's that will happen and hold you up, making you late.

Asking the customer to 'move forward' would require THINKING on the part of the employee. Such a thing is usually not encouraged by the employer or even taught at the state school they attended.

Some restaurants do have that policy in place, but appears that it is seldom enforced.

Sounds like this demand to move forward comes from a false sense of entitlement. Who exactly gives you the right to demand anything out of anyone? You were behind them in line and should wait as your lack of time is not the problem of any other person. Either work something out so you can have more time to wait or seek an alternate method of obtaining lunch such as going in the restaurant instead of the drive thru or simply going somewhere else. You can simply forgo it and wait till you are home or prepare a lunch from home so you don't have to go out. There is plenty of ways to deal with this that doesn't resort to making demands and sounding entitled.

Why not a one item line or one meal line? Like the supermarket has 10 items or less lines.

chanel said:
Why not a one item line or one meal line? Like the supermarket has 10 items or less lines.

Yeah, sure.

Our local Walmart has a 12 items or less Express line.

The only times I've seen it open is when I got up there very early in the morning, and it is the ONLY checkout line open so everybody, including the people with the screaming kid and a cartload of stuff, have to use it.

Another reason I don't go to walmart very often.

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom