What's New
Off Topix: Embrace the Unexpected in Every Discussion

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

Islamic Center Raided After Foreign Intel Concerns

Webster

Retired Snark Master
Administrator
Joined
May 11, 2013
Posts
25,472
OT Bucks
69,105
...but aren't these places supposed to be beacons for the "Religion of Peace?" :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
(NBC News) German investigators have raided an Islamic cultural center after receiving intelligence that a group of four, possibly-armed foreign nationals tried to meet arms dealers, officials told NBC News on Friday.

The raid in the northern city of Bremen last Saturday was part of a wider terror alert issued by local officials across the city. Police said in a statement a day later that there had been a "danger of a terrorist attack."

German news magazine FOCUS reported Friday that the raid was prompted by a "heavily-armed four-man terror commando [cell] from France" attempting to make contact with local Islamists. The alert was downgraded Tuesday after two suspects were arrested but later released and no weapons were found at the cultural center. Officials did not provide any more information concerning the four foreign nationals mentioned Friday.

Silke Noltensmeier, spokeswoman for the Bremen prosecutor's office, confirmed that the raid "followed information from intelligence services that a foreign group of four, possibly armed, were believed to have tried to meet up with two arms dealers in the city." The Paris prosecutor's office said it was not aware of any French involvement in the suspected plot and said it had not been contacted by German authorities.

Meanwhile, Germany's interior minister Thomas de Maizière told Germany's public broadcaster ZDF Thursday night that the number of jihadis who have traveled from Germany to Iraq and Syria stood at 650, putting the country in the same league as other European countries. At the end of last year that number was 600, according to Germany's domestic intelligence agency.
 
This is what you get when you promote multiculturalism crap over integration for your country when you allow foreigners into it.
 
Back
Top Bottom