What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

Know about your neighbors

Olivia

Tell me about it
Thread Creator

What do you know about your neighbors that they don’t know that you know?

What do you think they know about you that you don’t know that they know?

Jim Carrey Reaction GIF by Laff

I honestly don't know much about my neighbors except one guy I say hi to every now and then when we catch each other outside. It's funny, too, because I've lived here for 10 years.

That they are snitches and call the cops on people.

I don't really know anything about them.

only time I really speak to them is just a hello on the street, or if they come round to borrow something

We only know what we see about the neighbors or things that they've told us.
I have no idea what they may know about us other than what is easily observed.
Don't have any of those 'back-fence gossipers' around that I know of.
Life is good.

All I know is that my neighbor is a computer tech at some business in town. Other than that I know little about him.

I have direct neighbors on both sides of my house. I know their names, their dogs name, one the them has a kid that plays video games with my son at our house sometimes. I know where they work, age range, in the case of one neighbor I know they enjoy country music (the new variety - Applebees commercial jingle and suchlike), in the case of the other neighbor I know he hates the HOA and purposely breaks small rules as an act of protest. They real question is what do they know about me… all they know is that I’m the $@!ing Lizard King who smokes a ton of Salmon while listening to Voivod out back.

Last edited:
I bought my brother's house from him. It has been about three, maybe, four years since then, and the only time I ever talked to my neighbors was once at their coffee shop they own. They seem alright to me. My older brother told me a story about how he and the neighbor had a passive aggressive relationship that I was amused by. Apparently, the neighbor dug a small trench that led the water into my brother's yard, claiming he was making a natural waterway. The next day, my brother bought a bunch of dirt and made a huge mountain wall to block it. :LOL:

This thread is awesome! :clap:

Wish I had some juicy deets about my neighbors but I don't.

Not a single thing and also, not a single thing. I love my privacy and even more not to know anything about others that's frankly none of my business.

Not a single thing and also, not a single thing. I love my privacy and even more not to know anything about others that's frankly none of my business.

I wish all neighbors were like you :clap:

I gotta admit, we've been here a little over a year and we have yet to meet our neighbors.. its not that we or they are snobs, or standoffish, its that my husband and I have been hyper focused on getting our stuff organized and in place since we moved in a lurch and between working remotely for the hours he does and then getting the upper part of this house set up, it hasn't left much time for being social..

I am eager to get this done because I have been living out of boxes for about 26 years.. this was 3 years longer than I've been with my husband.. and he has been in a similar situation and he understands where I am coming from..

That said, although we haven't met our neighbors yet, we have waved and greeted them when they passed by.. but other than that, our schedules make us like 2 ships passing in the night..

The one thing I do know is that someone around here is using a signal jammer.. our reception here is so bad, you'd think we were out in the boondocks.. everything is fine as long as you aren't within a block of my house.. after that it's radio silence.. so I mostly communicate with my friends and family via Telegram as a workaround..

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom