What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

Reducing One's Climate Footprint

Webster

Recovering Snark Master
Administrator

f79a12d7-be54-4eef-b9ec-bdf3c13239d8.jpg

(BBC News) What I can do to help stop climate change?
Tackling climate change will require world leaders to take action on a global level. But as individuals we also contribute to damaging emissions. Here are some things you can do to reduce your personal impact.

--Insulate and draught-proof your home, install a heat pump, switch to a green energy provider or just turn down the heating a degree or two
--Reduce your food waste and cut down on red meat - livestock are responsible for 14% of all greenhouse gases globally
--Drive less, and fly less - transport is responsible for almost a quarter of carbon dioxide global emissions
--Think before you buy - whether choosing energy efficient appliances or buying second-hand clothes

*reads the list*.....I don't see a lot of people wanting to do those things.

New York No GIF by HULU

*reads the list*.....I don't see a lot of people wanting to do those things.
So we should do nothing then?

That's nice. *looks around & deadpans* Okay, everyone, let's go pollute the world.... *points to MrDawn's comment above* ....we have permission to do so. :roll:

So we should do nothing then?

That's nice. *looks around & deadpans* Okay, everyone, let's go pollute the world.... *points to MrDawn's comment above* ....we have permission to do so. :roll:
I never said that. Those are your words. Not mine. You ought to know I'm very Anti Pollution. I just don't have any faith in people. Look at some of the rivers in India, it's unacceptable. A lot of people should care, but they dont and they should.

Last edited:
Are they bad?
Not much has changed in 5 years. They're still dumping cancer causing chemicals and all sorts of harmful shit in their rivers. The air pollution is also really bad over there. They haven't made much of an effort to make things better.

Not much has changed in 5 years. They're still dumping cancer causing chemicals and all sorts of harmful shit in their rivers. The air pollution is also really bad over there. They haven't made much of an effort to make things better.

The best part is the above that you pointed out gets crickets in response but you go out to your backyard and cook up some burgers on the grill and you will be the likened to the devil for doing so by these climate activists types. Another thing that will get crickets as a response is all these politicans who own multiple large homes all over the place who are flying around on jumbo jets to go to these meetings on climate change which is funny as all that clearly unnecessary pollution is somehow not a problem.

Another thing that will get crickets as a response is all these politicans who own multiple large homes all over the place who are flying around on jumbo jets to go to these meetings on climate change which is funny as all that clearly unnecessary pollution is somehow not a problem.
You'd be surprised how many people on all sides have called out Al Gore, John Kerry and others for just that.

Funny how people forget that in the pursuit of political gotcha points....

That river looks gross!

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom