What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

Which do you prefer?

Where would you prefer to live?

• Country

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Small town

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Suburbs

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Big city

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters

Dee

Platinum Member
Elite Member
Retired Moderator

Country - The sticks as it is sometimes referred to. Civilization is hard to come by out here.

Small town - There are people here, but not a whole lot. One store, one gas station, one school (maybe K-12). Not quite the country, but not quite a suburb either.

Suburbs - Track homes, community recreation centers, school buses and mini vans galore! You're not quite in the hustle and bustle of the city, but there aren't sirens and horns honking every other minute.

Big city - The never-ending, go-go-go environment with rich nightlife and plenty of people and even equal the amount of traffic. Big cities tend to test your patience!

I live in a relatively large town and I'm sick of all the traffic and people! Time to move out to the country and get some peace. I voted country.

Nebulous said:
I live in a relatively large town and I'm sick of all the traffic and people! Time to move out to the country and get some peace. I voted country.

Fair enough. I lived in a small town before moving to the city, which sucked because I'm from southern California and it's not so country out there for the most part. I guess I'm just used to the massive amount of people and mostly prefer it over the quiet, humdrum of the country. I need action, I need noise (to an extent). Portland is actually quite the great city because it's not too big and it's not too small. It gets much quieter at night and picks up in the morning. I don't live directly in downtown, but I am still in the city, so I don't have to deal with the nightlife that can be found 5-10 minutes away. I still much prefer the city, though. The suburbs and small town were much too boring for my blood.

Big city, as i'm only 20 at the moment I feel i'd get a bit bored in the country though I completely understand and agree with the benefits it gives.

The ideal option would be mon-fri in the city, sat-sun in the country. Or something similar.

I should specify, I'd rather live in the country near a larger city. Around here you can be in a city, drive a little bit and then *BOOM* your instantly surrounded by nothing but fields and cows.

im a country boy at heart, now live in a large town (population of @90,000)

Country girl here! I live in a custom log home on a 23 acre wooded lot. I'm so out in the country that I use dial up to connect to the internet. :LOL: My nearest neighbor is several miles down the road. Love the privacy along with the peace and quiet. :yes:

It takes me less than 30 minutes to get from my house to the city. The city is a major hub of activity. That's also where the hospital is located where I work. Way too much congestion and noise for my liking! :nono:

Evil Eye said:
Where's the normal city/town option?

I would just consider that a "suburb". It doesn't necessarily mean you live in a track home, but suburbs are just normal-sized towns outside of the city, so if that's what you're looking for then pick the 'burbs.

I feel like every option besides the fourth would be extremely boring. Perhaps if you're taking a break (temporarily) with your partner or sth, it's tolerable but besides that uneventfulness is not appealing.

Suburb for ne.

Was that doable?
When you play solo and both Donkey and Diddy are active (neither of them is in a barrel), you can switch between them at any moment. When switching from Donkey to Diddy, Donkey gives Diddy a spank to "tell" him to take the lead. Hard to notice on smaller screens and if you're not paying a close attention. ;)

*deadpans* Why, you wanna help? :p :evilgrin:
NbLNjAG.gif

Of the options, small town fits best, although I'd prefer it to be on the larger end of 'small town' size (just not 'big city' size).

I'd prefer a big city just due to the fact that there's a whole lot more to do and keep you occupied, but I wouldn't want to deal with the traffic, the higher crime rates, and the abundance of people in general.

Still live in that town but now live in a much quieter part of the city. Nice peaceful neighborhood. I'll stay here. :)

I'd prefer a big city just due to the fact that there's a whole lot more to do and keep you occupied, but I wouldn't want to deal with the traffic, the higher crime rates, and the abundance of people in general.
Would you say big cities have a plethora of people? ;)

7UN4Kga.png

*deadpans* No, but Nebulous did.... :LOL: :whistles: :whistles:
*sighs* If he and tony-chuu played Donkey Kong Country together, they'd be spanking each other's monkeys all the time. :whistles:

I'm both big town and suburbs. Came from both but prefer the small town feel or at least the illusion of such.

*sighs* If he and tony-chuu played Donkey Kong Country together, they'd be spanking each other's monkeys all the time.
We don't need a video game to accomplish that :p

I prefer to live way out into the country. It's more private that way and you can get away with more versus living in town.

What do you need to get away with? :p

the big city.

always so much atmosphere

I could never do the country, far too quiet.

I've always lived in a big city.

I've visited the country, but it's too quiet. I don't like it

I wouldn't mind living in the country if it was just outside the city. Its really inconvenient when you're so far away from everything.
I do like the peace and quiet. I live in a city now but my neighborhood is quiet.

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom