What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

Worst pet names?

Olivia

Tell me about it
Thread Creator

What are some of the worst pet names you've seen/heard?

What are some names you'd NEVER name your dog or cat (or other pet)?

One of the worst is "Baby".
I have one. :rolleyes: I gave her an official name long ago (10 years) , Veronica. We always call her "Baby", and that's what she responds to, she knows her name is Baby ... don't know how that happened. :LOL:

Dick [Richard], the little girl's suggestion. Beethoven was loads better!

Beethoven GIF by Amazon Video DE

One of the worst is "Baby".
I have one. :rolleyes: I gave her an official name long ago (10 years) , Veronica. We always call her "Baby", and that's what she responds to, she knows her name is Baby ... don't know how that happened. :LOL:

My mom had a dog named Baby. That baby was a bitch! :p

I know someone who named her pet rabbit dexter.
I don't like that name at all (for a pet or a human). it just makes me think of the cartoon dexter's lab. lol

I also knew someone who called her dog jumble, and though I don't know anyone, in rocky he called his dog punchy- I get it's a boxing themed film, but still..

also on the subject of movie pets, I never liked the name marley. I mean marley and me is a great movie, I'd just never call a dog that.

I think that "Dioge" is maybe catchy, but stupid. (D.O.G.)

All human names are bad names for pets imo. “Here comes Henry aww isn’t he cute?!” Just sounds weird.

All human names are bad names for pets imo. “Here comes Henry aww isn’t he cute?!” Just sounds weird.
I ran across a couple once that had a very nice English Bulldog with my name. :LOL:

Source: https://www.buzzfeed.com/kristenharris1/people-are-sharing-the-worst-pet-names-theyve-ever-heard

1. "Sexy — for a chihuahua. It just made the whole consultation very awkward."

2. "I just spayed a kitten named Mice T!"

3. "My old neighbor had a cat named 'Face' because it had a beautiful face, she said."

4. "One of my boys wanted to name one of our dogs Meat Stack."

5. "We were at a local farm with a petting zoo, and their pigs were named Piggy Azalea and Piggie Smalls."

6. "When I adopted my two cats from the shelter, the staff had named them after internet browsers and search engines."

7. "My grandmother's jet black and incredibly angry cat was called Rainbow."

8. "I knew someone who had a cat named Seefa, which sounded fine to a child's ears."

9. "I once picked up a loose Great Dane named Ben Stiller. Should've kept him."

10. "My ex-girlfriend was a vet nurse. She came across a cat in the system called Horatio Bradshaw Roadwork."

11. "Kitty. Now you may be wondering why that's a bad name. Kitty was an iguana."

12. "My cat is called Hamster 2. I used to have a hamster called Hamster."

13. "I once saw a 'Lost' poster for a cat genuinely named Dread Pirate Bigglesworth."

14. "When we were looking at dogs at the Humane Society, we saw a pitbull named Princess Cameron Diaz."

15. "I took a pic of the cat's crate label that read, 'Smokey (formerly Pasta Batman)'."

16. "I named my first fish Clock because I happened to be looking at a clock when my mom asked what I wanted to name him."

17. "I took in a cat from a family named Lord Whimsalot III. Yes, there were previous Lord Whimsalots."

18. "My old neighbors apparently thought it would be a good idea to let their 3-year-old name their dog. The dog was named Dump Truck."

19. "I was in the vet's waiting room, and there was a puppy with a woman and a child. The puppy was named Dave, and the child was Atari."

19. "I was in the vet's waiting room, and there was a puppy with a woman and a child. The puppy was named Dave, and the child was Atari."
The name Atari would be freaking awesome to have. xD Dave is a bad name for a animal though. :p

I can not talk about bad names for pets i gave all my pets weird and probably bad names :D
most of the time i don't call my cat with her name, half the time i call her with many more one is big ears:ROFLMAO:

One of our barn cats was named Jacob by one of the girls who worked there. While the name is fine for a person, it absolutely sucks for a cat. :rolleyes:

One of our barn cats was named Jacob by one of the girls who worked there. While the name is fine for a person, it absolutely sucks for a cat. :rolleyes:
No, no, no; cats are people, too! Jacob is sooooo cool! :p

I can not talk about bad names for pets i gave all my pets weird and probably bad names :D
most of the time i don't call my cat with her name, half the time i call her with many more one is big ears:ROFLMAO:
Wrong! I love the name Morgana! :)

Wrong! I love the name Morgana! :)
Morgana it is not bad maybe not popular for pets lol also the other cat i had Saphira
but in the past maybe more weird
one was Paige she was a cute little cat.
I had two Maltese dogs both the same time, and called them Price and Princess:D
A bird name Rose... another bird was Max.
I had a another dog called banjo but i never gave this name, when i got the dog had this name but i never change it
another bird was Marianna
there more but not remember now

What are some names you'd NEVER name your dog or cat (or other pet)?
I would probably steer away from common, obvious ones. I mean, Oreo for a black and white kitten, for instance. I've known two by that name just in my own family. My own cat from age 4 to 24 (yep, born before I started kindergarten and put down around the time I got my Master's) was named Miss Purr and I'm not sure I would use that one again, either. Snoopy and Bowser would be no-gos if I ever had another hound (though I am more of a cat person, really). We had a beagle when I was in my teens name Bowser and, yeah.

I rather like the approach of my favourite singer and her husband, who tend to go for mythological or literary names, e.g. their massive wolfhound is named Fenris after the wolf from Norse mythology (the husband is a Swede).

No, no, no; cats are people, too! Jacob is sooooo cool! :p
We're going to have to agree to disagree. Jacob just doesn't suit him.
S1il1It.gif

I would probably steer away from common, obvious ones. I mean, Oreo for a black and white kitten, for instance. I've known two by that name just in my own family. My own cat from age 4 to 24 (yep, born before I started kindergarten and put down around the time I got my Master's) was named Miss Purr and I'm not sure I would use that one again, either. Snoopy and Bowser would be no-gos if I ever had another hound (though I am more of a cat person, really). We had a beagle when I was in my teens name Bowser and, yeah.

I rather like the approach of my favourite singer and her husband, who tend to go for mythological or literary names, e.g. their massive wolfhound is named Fenris after the wolf from Norse mythology (the husband is a Swede).
How about Tux for a tuxedo cat? Yeah, neither of our barn cats are named well, though Tux is more just uncreative than actually bad.

'Dump Truck' I think takes the cake here.

Or 'Titty' like Titty Tat instead of Kitty Cat lol

And I think the name 'Seven' is just really weird in general (I know people who named their kids Seven too) like unless it has 7 toes why are you naming it 7.

My sisters cat was called Cuddles. We used to have to call out for it...

lol my mother named one of her dogs "Cuddles" that she had 10 years ago. I think it's either dead or she gave it away to someone.

lol my mother named one of her dogs "Cuddles" that she had 10 years ago. I think it's either dead or she gave it away to someone.
Hated yelling out for Cuddles. People must've thought I was weird.

Not the worst but definitely... interesting if the video plays via Facebook.

Lol, that cat owner is a character :D

Not the worst again but ....lmao, if the link shows up. Lmao. Dog's name is Pernell.

DARN! Link is no good. :(

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom