What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

Last meal cooked

I had to add a bigger piece of feta because of the colour to be able to see on the photo.... but yes sprinkled on top that how should be but if i did that then i could not eat it :)

BLTs

t568XjPm.jpg

Oh that is nice is it Bacon and what is the white look like cream cheese or something
and there is my favourite there tomatoes :)

actually i had something similar today for lunch so it was my last i prepare.... didn't cook anything as i used some cold meats.
I almost ruing my food i got a small plate and i didn't want to dirty another so had to squeeze everything there
CJ4iNowh.jpg

Today's lunch was the last, and plenty left over for dinner :dance3:

lamb souvlaki and Pork Rissoles
9ixXWIfh.jpg

Also a salad to go with : Cabbage & Carrot Salad
Bvb2DQ4h.jpg
Hungry Watching Tv GIF by Gogglebox Australia

Oh that is nice is it Bacon and what is the white look like cream cheese or something
Yes, B=Bacon, L=lettuce, T=Tomato :). Very sloppy sandwich if the tomatoes are good & ripe & juicy. :D The white is mayonnaise.
-----------------------------

Nice sandwich! Are the pretty little "beads" some kind of spice?

:LOL:
Yes, B=Bacon, L=lettuce, T=Tomato :). Very sloppy sandwich if the tomatoes are good & ripe & juicy. :D The white is mayonnaise.
-----------------------------

Nice sandwich! Are the pretty little "beads" some kind of spice?
I know when the tomatoes are ripe this happens , but does not matter taste good 😋

It is wholegrain mustard i used it a lot for sandwiches

I did make this burger for dinner :p

HeOlS1Oh.jpg

Do I see egg, chopped ham & lettuce peeking out? :D

Do I see egg, chopped ham & lettuce peeking out? :D
Almost got it :dance:

I thought to have a sunny side up egg for dinner and when i put the egg in the frypan i remembered i got some chopped bacon so quicly throw it on top of the egg lol then i remeber also i have leftover avocado and bread rolls so from just eggs i was thinking to make end up a breakfast style burger.

In about a day i cooked a lot but this was the last i done today... had some eggplant and cook this so will not go off just cut in half and cooked in the oven

q4L7XsVh.jpg

In about a day i cooked a lot but this was the last i done today... had some eggplant and cook this so will not go off just cut in half and cooked in the oven
That looks tempting, easy & appetizing!
Also, is the taste/texture cooked that way somewhat similar to zucchini or other 'summer squash'?
The only way I have ever eaten eggplant is eggplant parmesan; totally yummy, but on the time-consuming, more complicated side of preparing.

Wow that means a lot :thanks:

While on this thread
Last cooked is my breakfast that having now actually:eat:
made some boiled egg if this can count as cooking,and also have a banana . ok that's no need cooking but i prepare it lol
photo taken another time so if i eat the same no need to take one again
vnF95moh.jpg
Those eggs look SO tasty! Can you reveal just exactly your timing & peeling method??

That looks tempting, easy & appetizing!
Also, is the taste/texture cooked that way somewhat similar to zucchini or other 'summer squash'?
The only way I have ever eaten eggplant is eggplant parmesan; totally yummy, but on the time-consuming, more complicated side of preparing.
Usually when i cut in half and cook in the oven the eggplant is a little thinner and smaller (this time were a little too big) and i like when are a little bitter too while most people don't
you have to like the vegetable a lot to have it plain ..
sometimes i eat this plain with bread or add as a side dish .... if you like it more roasted style need to cut in slices and cook on the grill ...... this is a soft in the middle similar to zucchini
but once you remove from oven can always add some herbs especially mint goes well also if you like garlic can add also ... vinegar too and have it as a salad
or just spread some relish on top that goes with eggplant ..

Those eggs look SO tasty! Can you reveal just exactly your timing & peeling method??
I never check the time but i think after the water start to boil maybe like 6 to 7 minutes i think ..
peeling the egg just crack the egg in few spot and usually start from wide end .. don't roll it because i like the eggs very soft and not good idea lol ...
if some turn a little stubborn i just put under water a little while peeling but most times no need.

No need much to explain .. it was planned for few days ago but end up cooking this today .. :p

HWJbup3h.jpg

No need much to explain .. it was planned for few days ago but end up cooking this today .. :p
Oh my! YUM!!!
Loads of fresh okra like that is just simply unavailable here. Unless one has a large greenhouse. Even growing it yourself in a garden, the weather is so 'iffy' and undependable. :cry:

Maybe that's okay because I don't really think that my husband would like it. :D

Oh my! YUM!!!
Loads of fresh okra like that is just simply unavailable here. Unless one has a large greenhouse. Even growing it yourself in a garden, the weather is so 'iffy' and undependable. :cry:

Maybe that's okay because I don't really think that my husband would like it. :D
The one i used are not fresh it is frozen Okra , a lots of times i did get the the fresh okra but all seems very mature and end up a lot of them to be stringy
it is hard to find the baby Okra fresh :( but the frozen are great too and even better .

The one i used are not fresh it is frozen Okra , a lots of times i did get the the fresh okra but all seems very mature and end up a lot of them to be stringy
it is hard to find the baby Okra fresh :( but the frozen are great too and even better .
That is very surprising!
I am definitely going to have to try again! Maybe 'techniques' have improved; I tried a couple of different times at different stores long ago & just gave up on the frozen idea......it was awful.
Thanks for that spark of motivation....your okra there looks perfectly lovely!

Last i cooked was this Spaghetti for dinner i had only half lol turn a little too much
It is not the most great looking it was done simple and already the Sause is mixed with the pasta but did taste great :eat:

Ubw9UNmh.jpg

I had Tea prepare also at the same time i think this can count cooking :unsure: not done there yet on the photo but close enough

oPXexwUh.jpg

Last i cooked was this Spaghetti for dinner i had only half lol turn a little too much
It is not the most great looking it was done simple and already the Sause is mixed with the pasta but did taste great :eat:
------
I had Tea prepare also at the same time i think this can count cooking :unsure: not done there yet on the photo but close enough
Spaghetti looks yummy! Can't see any flaws in the picture. :D

Very exotic-looking tea! Unique shot of that too, the bubbles look so 'unreal'.

Very exotic-looking tea! Unique shot of that too, the bubbles look so 'unreal'.
Been a long time i had this tea and drank more than one cup :p
Not really an exotic tea .
Here just in case if you are wondering what type of tea it is

Been a long time i had this tea and drank more than one cup :p
Not really an exotic tea .
Here just in case if you are wondering what type of tea it is
Interesting! Looks pretty exotic to me. :p Maybe could be found here in a health-food specialty store.
Should make you grow up big & strong & 'bulletproof'. :D

Interesting! Looks pretty exotic to me. :p Maybe could be found here in a health-food specialty store.
Should make you grow up big & strong & 'bulletproof'. :D
It is a great tea like many other around are sometimes is what we used to..
I am sure if you go to any store of this countries mention you will find it there

I did find some nice, little packets of frozen okra in the grocery store today! :cool:

Cooked a little for supper & it was fine; tastes just like okra is supposed to taste. :D

You are right Its is cheese. Feta cheese and i didn't eat it was there for the photo only :)

Feta! I love Feta! That would be really good with this dish; but sprinkled...that block would be a LOT of Feta to eat at one sitting. :LOL:

and there is my favourite there tomatoes :)

actually i had something similar today for lunch so it was my last i prepare.... didn't cook anything as i used some cold meats.
I almost ruing my food i got a small plate and i didn't want to dirty another so had to squeeze everything there
CJ4iNowh.jpg

I did make this burger for dinner :p

HeOlS1Oh.jpg

q4L7XsVh.jpg

Ubw9UNmh.jpg

oPXexwUh.jpg

All these look great! I am hungry now!

I did find some nice, little packets of frozen okra in the grocery store today! :cool:

Cooked a little for supper & it was fine; tastes just like okra is supposed to taste. :D
Nice you found something good ... if there are different brands try them all they are different :!:

Nice you found something good ... if there are different brands try them all they are different :!:
Only one brand, but it is acceptable. :cool: I am just happy to find it; I think I am in the wrong part of the country for okra-eaters. :LOL:

Only one brand, but it is acceptable. :cool: I am just happy to find it; I think I am in the wrong part of the country for okra-eaters. :LOL:
For years i was not cooking okra because i could not find any ... the only i could get was canned okra and this was so bad ...

For years i was not cooking okra because i could not find any ... the only i could get was canned okra and this was so bad ...
Oh YUK! I used to hate asparagus when all that I had ever had was canned.
Now, I like fresh asparagus; I can't imagine that asparagus would work frozen either. ??

Oh YUK! I used to hate asparagus when all that I had ever had was canned.
Now, I like fresh asparagus; I can't imagine that asparagus would work frozen either. ??
never had canned asparagus
Not sure how will work as frozen :ponder:

Nope, just mushy, icky, plain canned slop. :LOL:
Good i never got any .... there was a time i wonder how will taste .... but fresh you can get everywhere so i thought no point ... after your posts here i think not something i will try :)

Good i never got any .... there was a time i wonder how will taste .... but fresh you can get everywhere so i thought no point ... after your posts here i think not something i will try :)
I do think that pickled would be worth a try, though!

The last meal i cooked
Fried Rice
K10Plelh.jpg

I will have it for dinner with some Pork Yakiniku ....
Not cooked yet :p but already been marinated ready for later .

Not long i cooked this wild greens and was the last i made.
Lately i eat a lot of unhealth food . Today i went to a fruit market and got some veggies one was that .
It will last me few days :LOL: that's ok i can eat 5 times a day :p

before
5EaiVXRh.jpg

and after :ROFLMAO:
oW8Mawjh.jpg

Not long i cooked this wild greens and was the last i made.
Lately i eat a lot of unhealth food . Today i went to a fruit market and got some veggies one was that .
It will last me few days :LOL: that's ok i can eat 5 times a day :p

before
-------
and after :ROFLMAO:
Smart choice!! (y) I don't know how you could get much healthier than that!
Yes, much prettier before cooking. Do you like the taste?

Where are you getting such wild greens? a "Farmers' Market"?

Smart choice!! (y) I don't know how you could get much healthier than that!
Yes, much prettier before cooking. Do you like the taste?

Where are you getting such wild greens? a "Farmers' Market"?
Yes a Farmer's Market.
I like the taste a lot but only i wish i could find the nicer ones .. and also wish the stalks were smaller as you get less leaves once cooked... and the stalks overpower the flavour .
I have some frozen fish so will go perfect and both good .

Tonite we had Chicken Burgers - Crispy chicken patties w/cabbage & celery slaw. Quick & easy. :cool:

HCTxyVnl.jpg

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom