What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

Last meal cooked

Vegetable Fritters , and the veggies used are : spring onion, spinach, and green zucchini and i leave the skin also a reason they look dark .
i cooked this for my son that he like them

ebnEVDDl.jpg

Last edited:
Those look really good; and something different, too!
Pan-fry, or Deep-fry?

Those look really good; and something different, too!
Pan-fry, or Deep-fry?
The are nice and great for people that don't like vegetables a lot . My son doesn't like zucchini but there he eat it .
I also like with leeks, taste even better .... zucchini is a little blend on taste so always is mixed either spinach or leek, sometimes i grate a little of potato in there but not much
and i add some feta cheese .

Those are pan fry but can be done in the oven for more healthy

The are nice and great for people that don't like vegetables a lot . My son doesn't like zucchini but there he eat it .
I also like with leeks, taste even better .... zucchini is a little blend on taste so always is mixed either spinach or leek, sometimes i grate a little of potato in there but not much
and i add some feta cheese .

Those are pan fry but can be done in the oven for more healthy
Well, I personally like pan-fried things, don't have to use very much oil (or butter); not so unhealthy as deep-fried.
Have you ever tried some chopped or sliced okra in this?
(I find the slightly thawed frozen okra easy to 'prep' :), Thank You! )
Ah, yes! Leeks; they're great! Have not bought those in a long time.

Well, I personally like pan-fried things, don't have to use very much oil (or butter); not so unhealthy as deep-fried.
Have you ever tried some chopped or sliced okra in this?
(I find the slightly thawed frozen okra easy to 'prep' :), Thank You! )
Ah, yes! Leeks; they're great! Have not bought those in a long time.
I never tried with orka but already wondering how will taste .. when i make some only for me i will add a little ... usually i make them for my son and he does not eat okra ..

Made myself some four cheese ravioli.

I cooked some pasta with ground beef and peas last week. I really don't like to cook...

I made a tuna sandwich today.

@tonychu made spaghetti and garlic cheesy bread for dinner. It was sooo good :drool:

A Chicken Sandwich
jZnIr7oh.jpg

Bacon McMuffins

0Pvcd5Ol.jpg

nhjTIkJl.jpg

'Special' Pan-Fried Noodles

rWkkqEIl.jpg

Thank You! I thought you were going to ask, "What's so special about that?" :D
I thought it was the name (is it more to this) .. but i was going to ask what sause you used .. but i was a little busy at that time so my post end up short .. :)

An old photo in a left over container so will be a better idea of the food... even if does not show well in the container

Last i cooked was : Artichokes & Peas with Pork
this is done in oven it is not a stew ... need to make this more often
vxreQxVh.jpg

Last i cooked was : Artichokes & Peas with Pork
this is done in oven it is not a stew ... need to make this more often
That looks totally wonderful! So welcome on a chilly day! (y)

I thought it was the name (is it more to this) .. but i was going to ask what sause you used .. but i was a little busy at that time so my post end up short .. :)
It's 'special' because I said so. :LOL:
No certain sauce, just thrown together "on the fly" with whatever's handy or in the fridge.
You probably already know that if you don't have 'special' oriental noodles on hand, spaghetti works just as well for this kind of dish.

It's 'special' because I said so. :LOL:
No certain sauce, just thrown together "on the fly" with whatever's handy or in the fridge.
You probably already know that if you don't have 'special' oriental noodles on hand, spaghetti works just as well for this kind of dish.
That is what good with spaghetti can almost anything go .. :dance:

MIT2802h.jpg

Kraft Dinner than added ham and onions at the end.. Too many onions

Last edited by a moderator:
Turkey Day with my husband..

This is/was our menu.

Creamed Spinach
Baked Mac and cheese
Baked/Rotisserie seasoned Chicken Breast
Honey Cornbread Muffins
Baked Ziti
Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Crescent Rolls
Ham
4 Different Pies ( 2 Apple, one from Tops (backup in case my husband didnt find Marie Callendar Dutch Apple Pie, he did but forgot to put the Tops one back), Fudge Brownie and Coconut Cream)
2 different Ice Cream
Cranberry Sauce
Stuffing w/ Gravy

We even got cake mix too.. butter yellow w/ milk chocolate frosting and milk chocolate cake with coconut pecan frosting.. (homage to my Mom's German Chocolate Cake)

Here is a link to the pictures..

We really could've used the sleep.. but we wanted it to be nice since it was our first Turkey Day cooking in our own home as home owners..

Turkey Day with my husband..

This is/was our menu.

Creamed Spinach
Baked Mac and cheese
Baked/Rotisserie seasoned Chicken Breast
Honey Cornbread Muffins
Baked Ziti
Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Crescent Rolls
Ham
4 Different Pies ( 2 Apple, one from Tops (backup in case my husband didnt find Marie Callendar Dutch Apple Pie, he did but forgot to put the Tops one back), Fudge Brownie and Coconut Cream)
2 different Ice Cream
Cranberry Sauce
Stuffing w/ Gravy

We even got cake mix too.. butter yellow w/ milk chocolate frosting and milk chocolate cake with coconut pecan frosting.. (homage to my Mom's German Chocolate Cake)

Here is a link to the pictures..

We really could've used the sleep.. but we wanted it to be nice since it was our first Turkey Day cooking in our own home as home owners..

Everything looks perfect and nice food ...
Hope you both had a great day :)

I've just took these roasted potatoes out of the oven. They're still warm.:eat:

Pj8KJSnh.jpg

Last night Had Chinese Noodles in Soup with Chicken. AMAZING !

I made pennette pasta, and it was really tasty.
egaObGOh.jpg

Looks just super, Sandy; as all of your foods do.

I wanted Spaghettoni, but had none end realise this after i made the sauce. Used pennette instead, and it turned out not bad.
I usually make the pennette with tomato sauce for a quick meal and it's the best.
Sometimes, we have to compromise:LOL:

wraps with pork

GRm5Hqel.jpg

Beef steak. It wasn't the best, but I suppose for what I paid, it was okay.
PHm3aGyl.jpg

Hope everyone's having a great Christmas! My day's almost done, just relaxing now🍷

I got lazy and just took quick photos of a few things.

Made roasted potatoes and pork, along with bean salad,couscous salad and some appetizers. We had prawns from Costco and apple turnovers.
This time, went more for fruit, no sweets, okay, except for the apple turnovers, :p which were leftover from yesterday's coffee.

1TwjkSAh.jpg

This photos from other times. Like I said, didn't take many this time
rxL7iK0l.jpg

vQU2FkIl.jpg

I went through a whole lot of trouble to make myself "Christmas dinner" today. I roasted the smallest chicken I could find, and made mashed potatoes, (Stove Top) stuffing, gravy, and corn to go with it. Took me several hours of cooking, and a giant mess in the kitchen. Sat down and ate my meal in 5 minutes by myself and wondered why I went through all that trouble. Ah well. It was tasty and I have left overs for work for the next couple of days. :D

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom