What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

Have you ever been jealous of a friend?

MrDawn

Whistle in the Dark

Have you ever felt jealousy towards a friend?

What was it?

I really struggled with feeling left out when I experienced a lot of setbacks in life. I started getting invited less because I didn't always have the cash anymore to go places, being out of a vehicle, etc. Even though I never treated anyone differently when they were in that boat and I wasn't, and I made every effort to include them and go out to see them if they weren't able to go anywhere. Not everything has to cost money, but still when setbacks happened to me... everyone just forgot I existed or treat me differently. :tup2: So when I'd get ghosted on, or plans canceled, and see them posting on their story knowing I can view it, out with their friends after canceling plans with me.. I definitely felt jealous, it was pretty baffling, I thought I'd chosen the right friends, but - nope. The jealousy was more about myself when I had everything, I would often think about how back then I was valued and important enough to be treated right, even if those people's reasons for being around me were superficial. People for sure just throw around the word "friend" very loosely. They will have dozens to pick and choose from for their benefit. And me, I don't keep a roster of friends, if I call someone my friend then I mean it and treat them as such.

NO . Never have

Yes. Recently. A friend got approved for bottom surgery while I'm stuck here unable to get health coverage for it and will never have the ability to afford it. I'm happy for her, don't get me wrong, but I'm so fucking envious, too. Makes me feel stuck, as stupid as it sounds.

Yes. Recently. A friend got approved for bottom surgery while I'm stuck here unable to get health coverage for it and will never have the ability to afford it. I'm happy for her, don't get me wrong, but I'm so fucking envious, too. Makes me feel stuck, as stupid as it sounds.
Gotta love how unfair the medical system is in the US, which reminds me... I need to call them about some bs that they're trying to make me pay for.

Big Brother Ugh GIF by Global TV

Gotta love how unfair the medical system is in the US, which reminds me... I need to call them about some bs that they're trying to make me pay for.

Big Brother Ugh GIF by Global TV
Yep, total horseshit. Hopefully you can get that sorted out!

Yep, total horseshit. Hopefully you can get that sorted out!
Nothing can be done about it today. Their manager is out on vacation. They told me that I'll have to wait till Tuesday...

Nothing can be done about it today. Their manager is out on vacation. They told me that I'll have to wait till Tuesday...
Ugh, should be more than one person in an office that can handle situations like that, so frustrating!

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom