What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

Last Game/Match Watched?

College football :football:

NRL Grand Final the Eels went down to the Panthers 28 - 12. Panthers were too good and simply outplayed them. Eels didn't even play bad, had a few chances to score but that defense from the Panthers was next level. As much as I wanted the Eels to win, the better team definitely took out the premiership. A much deserved win to the Panthers. Who are really looking like the greatest side in the modern era. Two premierships from the last three seasons with 67 wins, 1 draw and 8 losses.

⚽ - Liverpool vs. Rangers on Tuesday.

Rugby League World Cup New Zealand vs Jamaica. Pretty one sided since it is Jamaica's first world cup appearance. It was really awesome when they scored their first ever try at a world cup though!

Duke vs. Notre Dame (women's soccer.... ⚽ )

Last I watched was Dallas Stars vs Washington Capitals (NHL)

College football and it's falling apart just like the NFL.

College football and it's falling apart just like the NFL.
Money ruins everything; college football's a good example of it.

I mean, seriously: UCLA, USC, Maryland & Rutgers in the Big 10?
The fuck?!?

Money ruins everything; college football's a good example of it.

I mean, seriously: UCLA, USC, Maryland & Rutgers in the Big 10?
The fuck?!?
Not only money that kills the sport we once knew and love, but the favortism, egos, etc. Now I've no problem with the Terrapins and Scarlet Knights being in the Big 10 for a number of years, but the Bruins and Trojans is the one I'm totally not on board with since the announcement was made a couple of months ago. As the saying goes in the style of Beast Boy: "If it ain't broke, don't fiddle with it." Guess what? They fiddle with college fotball that's not broken.

What else turns me away from college football is the lesser-known or once popular teams being bullied and punished by the so-called "Power 5" teams like Alabama, Ohio State, Clemson and Georgia to keep the greedy oddsmakers in Vegas very happy. But I'm also being turned away from the fact that Tim Tebow who fails at trying to have a baseball career cares about the SEC and don't get me started on Pat McAfee, because he hasn't accomplished jack squat in neither college football nor the NFL where he has a dead end job at the WWE and has his own show where he stands up and piss on himself every single time he's being enamored by what sees or hears and doesn't care about anything else.

And one other thing that ruins college football is the stupid playoff system. I see no point over it and it's like a poor man's NFL postseason where you have a group of biased members of the college playoff committee gather around and pick the 6 best team they believe to be in the playoffs to compete for a National championship. In the 8 years this new system began, I just wish someone would just abolish it. It's tedious and it's something I never look forward to.

Last edited by a moderator:
None

I watched Argentina Vs. France FIFA World Cup Final yesterday. I was rooting for Argentina and thankfully Argentina won. France played really well.
France only turned up in second half from 80th minute when Mbappe scored his first goal and the second one in 81st minute. Before that, they played like shit.

NRL Warriors vs the Sharks. 19min in and the Warriors are down 20 - 0. What followed was an amazing comeback with the Warriors winning 32 - 30!! :D :D

NRL Eels vs Rabbitohs, the Rabbitohs have a bad habbit of putting both of the teams I support to the sword. They had won the previous 6 games against the Eels and convincingly so with them all being by 14 or more. Last night the Eels got one back with an exciting 36-16 win. 😁😁🥰

College softball

CFL game between the Stampeders and the Blue Bombers. Blue Bombers won 24-11. 🍁🏈

Warriors vs Broncos NRL preliminary final last night. First preliminary final the Warriors have played in since 2011. This season has been an amazing improvement on their previous 11 seasons and and an especially marked improvement over last year. To go from 2nd to last to one game short of playing in the grand final was incredible. They went down 42 to 12 but it wasn't through them playing badly. Always felt they were competitive in the game. Their opposition were just at another level and in those crucial moments were able to capitalise. An enjoyable and exciting game despite the result.

England's 71-0 thrashing of Chile in the Rugby World Cup.

Kiwis vs Kangaroos in the rugby league Pacific Championship final. It was amazing! We gave Australia their biggest ever loss in the 115 years they have been playing international league. 30-0. 😁🥰🥰

A rerun of the NBA game between the Warriors and the Nuggets

The Defenders/Stallions UFL game last night

I watched Real Sociedad play against Real Madrid last night. It was a very difficult match for Real Madrid as they managed to win the match 0-1.

Orioles/Reds
Maple Leafs/Bruins Game 7

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom